Gtx 770, asus vs msi

why231

what is better the asus gtx 770 or the lightning 770 from msi?

can you also run two screens while gaming with either card?

Thanks.

It's negligible. They are both great cards. Just go with whichever one suits your build better. And yes they can run dual monitors.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

The MSI Lightning is better, and yes, you can run two screens, but you can't run a game fullscreen on both of them.

what is better the asus gtx 770 or the lightning 770 from msi?

can you also run two screens while gaming?

Thanks.

The lightning is the better card.

Also, I wouldn't run two monitors to run games. It'll be distracting with a bezel in the middle and I doubt that one 770 will run everything at 60fps at 3860x1080

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

MSI one, the cooling is better on that and also the overclock on that card is amazing.

you will be able to run two screens but not game on both due to not having enough vram

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

whichever is cheaper, and or you like the most. And yes you can have two screens running but the game cannot be split between the 2. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The lightning is the better card.

Also, I wouldn't run two monitors to run games. It'll be distracting with a bezel in the middle and I doubt that one 770 will run everything at 60fps at 3860x1080

No i meant one screen has the game and the other steam, skype  other stuff like that

No i meant one screen has the game and the other steam, skype  other stuff like that

That will be fine then.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

yes you can do that

if that, then yes that will be fine

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

it is the 770 so the asus one doesn't have the same cooler has the 780 wich looks much better than the one on the 770. in my opinion go for the 770 lightning. overclocks like a bauss and is pretty quiet and cool. if you wanna save some bucks, get the gamer edition one. still has non-reference pcb (not has strong has the one on the lightning but much better than the reference one) and in my opinion it's the one that looks the best (better than the yellow on the lightning)

the lightning. overclocks like no tomorrow

i wont really overclock much because i have never tried it . but might do if i can get some help from you guys.

yeah that's no problem at all. i even do that with my crappy laptop :\

it is the 770 so the asus one doesn't have the same cooler has the 780 wich looks much better than the one on the 770. in my opinion go for the 770 lightning. overclocks like a bauss and is pretty quiet and cool. if you wanna save some bucks, get the gamer edition one. still has non-reference pcb (not has strong has the one on the lightning but much better than the reference one) and in my opinion it's the one that looks the best (better than the yellow on the lightning)

soo the gamer one is this one.

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N770_TF_2GD5OC.html

and this is the lightning

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N770_Lightning.html.

My vote goes for MSI. The cooler is damn quiet/ the card OCs pretty good. The 2 GB of VRAM kill the party though.

who cares...

My vote goes for MSI. The cooler is damn quiet/ the card OCs pretty good. The 2 GB of VRAM kill the party though.

there's a 4gb version of the gamer editon

there's a 4gb version of the gamer editon

Yes. But if you say that someone should opt for the 4 GB model, out loud in public, you will get stoned to death because 'the card can't even leverage more than 2 GB'.

who cares...

Yes. But if you say that someone should opt for the 4 GB model, out loud in public, you will get stoned to death because 'the card can't even leverage more than 2 GB'.

it can't at max settings

it can't at max settings

Yes it can. I've done enough testing, to see that 2 GB are bottlenecking the performance. @helping has done some testing with his 4 GB model aswell and he usually used over 3 GB on MAX settings.

who cares...

Yes it can. I've done enough testing, to see that 2 GB are bottlenecking the performance. @helping has done some testing with his 4 GB model aswell and he usually used over 3 GB on MAX settings.

i'm not understanding your point then

i'm not understanding your point then

Everytime i have stated in this forum, that the GTX 770 will really benefit from more VRAM, there were at least two hands full of kids yelling that it can't use more than 2 gigs anyways. But well... it can.

who cares...

Everytime i have stated in this forum, that the GTX 770 will really benefit from more VRAM, there were at least two hands full of kids yelling that it can't use more than 2 gigs anyways. But well... it can.

the 680 won't that much, but the 770 will because it has faster ram. i'm not one of those kids btw!