SSD unable to install OS

Go to solution Solved by Technobabble1337,

I think i may have come up with a solution, I have no difficulty hooking the ssd up to a different PC, running Windows 7 (Home Premium) and setting the partition that way, I'll see if that works to install windows 10. Will edit the result in later.

Edit:, after many hours of googling and trying different things, it is now working properly.

Thank you for your input.

I recently got a Lexar NS200 SSD (480GB) and I have been unsuccessful in putting any OS onto it, I've tried formatting and partitioning, but neither have been successful.

List of OS's I've attempted to load to it:

* Windows 10

*Windows 7

* Ubuntu

*.Zorin OS

Everything is hooked up properly as the drive shows up on the install screen.

The computer is one I've built myself, everything is brand new (except for a WD 4TB HDD, but that is less than 2 years old)

I am trying to install via a USB 2.0.

what goes wrong? what error appears when you attempt to install? does it fail to boot the usb? does it make it to the installer but can not write to the drive? how have you been formatting and partitioning the drive? does the install work to the wd drive? have you tried other usb ports? do you have secure boot turned on?

you really need to describe whats going on more, as no one but you are in front of the computer.

It had been complaining about an error with the install media (the USB Drive) and Ive tried multiple different USB Flash Drives, all being at least 7GB or larger. I'm making another attempt with windows 10 to see if i can get a specific error message.

I had been partitioning a small section for Ubuntu (60GB) and leaving the rest of the space for Windows and system.

Also I'm getting error: 0x800701e3 when trying to delete a partition.

Another Edit: found the UEFI settings, im going to see if enabling UEFI will help.

Edited by Technobabble1337
clarification

ok, googling the error indicates that windows doesn't like the partition, and wont touch it because it thinks something is wrong with it. you may have to remove the partition in gparted (from the previously mentioned ubuntu installer) as windows, again, doesn't want to mess with it. after that, try again with the windows 10 installer and have windows make the windows partition.
also if you are running uefi, windows mosrt likely is going to make multiple partitions (a fat32 one for the uefi bootloader for windows called "system reserved") in addition to the main ntfs one for the os.

I think i may have come up with a solution, I have no difficulty hooking the ssd up to a different PC, running Windows 7 (Home Premium) and setting the partition that way, I'll see if that works to install windows 10. Will edit the result in later.

Edit:, after many hours of googling and trying different things, it is now working properly.

Thank you for your input.

Edited by Technobabble1337
Resolved