Anyone know a cheap reliable place to buy RAM?

The usual places appear to be quite overpriced.

I am not looking for anything special, 2133mhz DDR3 is fine, but I am seeing prices at like £70 in the UK for a 16gb stick of RAM....I can buy 3600mhz DDR4 for that price, and I don't want to pay that much for this RAM.

I am looking to fill an older PC up with RAM to assist with virtualisation, so cheap but working would be great.  Even if marketplace is abroad, if I can't find it cheap in the UK might be cheaper to have it shipped.

So any ideas welcomed.

chances are if RAM is expensive in all the usual places, RAM prices as a whole are just high right now.

24 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

Used RAM. Ram is basically a lifetime part lasts forever, so used ram could be a good deal. 

Deleted by me.

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

I looked on ebay it is stupid money there too, I was hoping it was just a retailer thing - taking advantage of our current situation, but if it is high everywhere, I will just wait.

Check Micro Center if they ship to your location. I’ve found really good prices compared to other retailers on RAM/SSDs.

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

Yeah I have been looking at this..

It appears that RAM in the UK is about $30 more expensive than it is in US, or about £25.  I can't think of any justification for it, given that transport to the European Market is about equal to transport to the US (in terms of distance and number of purchasers).

It just appears to be a price gouge across brands.

To give some idea....

DDR3 1600mhz RAM for 2x2gb stick...yes you read that right, 4gb of RAM...£118 on Overclockers UK - sure it is CL7 but who really cares at 1600mhz?  is CL7 going to make up nearly 2000 MHZ of DDR4 RAM (which can run easily at 3600)

G-Skill 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz Gaming Memory Kit - ohh its gaming memory, CL10 - £157.

Even bizarre off-brand RAM from China is like £70 for 16gb of DDR3 2400mhz RAM.

Where is it all going that it can sell for this much? Who is buying DDR3 RAM in such quantities that the price can remain this high?

I wanted it for a 6 year old system.

29 minutes ago, Dravinian said:

To give some idea....

DDR3 1600mhz RAM for 2x2gb stick...yes you read that right, 4gb of RAM...£118 on Overclockers UK - sure it is CL7 but who really cares at 1600mhz?  is CL7 going to make up nearly 2000 MHZ of DDR4 RAM (which can run easily at 3600)

G-Skill 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz Gaming Memory Kit - ohh its gaming memory, CL10 - £157.

Even bizarre off-brand RAM from China is like £70 for 16gb of DDR3 2400mhz RAM.

Where is it all going that it can sell for this much? Who is buying DDR3 RAM in such quantities that the price can remain this high?

I wanted it for a 6 year old system.

Only other thing I can think of is getting a CPU, motherboard and RAM combo for (maybe) cheaper?