SSD+HDD or SSD+SSHD

LDG

Previously my storage config was:

OS --> SSD

GAMES + FILES -->  HDD (Seagate Desktop HDD 1TB)

Recently I purchased a Seagate SSHD 2TB.

So new Config is:

OS --> SSD

Games, Progs and Files --> SSHD(2 Partitions) 

Now the problem is my SSHD is not getting any better performance than my HDD. - (Based on crystal diskmark 1000MB 5 tries)

Should I go back to my old set-up and just make this SSHD as storage or am I missing something important?

Any ideas?

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

SSD + HDD. You'll see shit performance from a smaller SSD and SSHD. SSHD's perform no where near SSD's. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

SSHDs cache your most used applications if I'm not mistaken, so it will only perform better with the ones it has cached. Most SSHDs have very small amounts of SSD storage in them, so it normally only makes a few things faster. 

EDIT: Your best option would be  OS ---> SSD  GAMES, FILES, PROGRAMS ----> HDD with 60GB SSD for cache. (If you can afford it)

SSD + HDD. You'll see shit performance from a smaller SSD and SSHD. SSHD's perform no where near SSD's. 

Please take note that I'm comparing my HDD and SSHD. Thanks 

i9-9900K || MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC || Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC || 16GBCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz || Samsung EVO 970 Plus Samsung 850 EVO 2TB + Crucial BX100 500GB + 4TB HGST NAS || Factal Design Define Mini C TG || Corsair RM750x || Corsair H100i Pro RGB || Acer Predator XB271HU

Please take note that I'm comparing my HDD and SSHD. Thanks 

SSHD's are basically HDD's with a large Cache that is basically a slower SSD. I'd say just go with the second option. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

SSHD's are basically HDD's with a large Cache that is basically a slower SSD. I'd say just go with the second option. 

^ what he said, you won't see a major improvement over traditional hard drives. It really depends on what you do with them too. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

SSHDs cache your most used applications if I'm not mistaken, so it will only perform better with the ones it has cached. Most SSHDs have very small amounts of SSD storage in them, so it normally only makes a few things faster. 

EDIT: Your best option would be  OS ---> SSD  GAMES, FILES, PROGRAMS ----> HDD with 60GB SSD for cache. (If you can afford it)

I only have 128GB SSD so basically it would just be for my OS,drivers and important progs.

I dont want to spend anymore so I will just go for this setup:

128GB SSD = OS+Programs+Drivers

1TB HDD = Games+other programs

2TB SSHD = For Storage only

All an SSHD will do for you, is make applications open faster. So say, for instance, you got an SSHD and put your OS on it, you would see near SSD speeds on boot up.

They don't do much for the actual performance of different things though. The price isn't really worth it unless you can't get an SSD.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I only have 128GB SSD so basically it would just be for my OS,drivers and important progs.

I dont want to spend anymore so I will just go for this setup:

1TB HDD = Games+other programs

2TB SSHD = For Storage only

Sounds good to me. You may want to install things that you open a lot onto the SSHD, so they'll open faster. 

I recommend HDD+HDD.  No reason that still isn't good enough and better for most people these days.  Sorry but the lack of storage capacity and what the speed is used for on an SSD hardly makes it worth it to the general public.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Go for this configuration:

2TB SSHD = Games+other programs

1TB HDD = For Storage only

It's normal that Crystal mark doesn't show any improvements because your SSHD relies on read caching to improve performance.

Games and programs that you use often should get cached on the flash storage of the SSHD and thus launch faster. You can copy a new game that you play often and test load times with a stopwatch. Compare 1st load after install with like 5th load. You should see improvements

Show love because it's a terrible thing to hate