Windows boot error after switching ram slots.

Earlier today, I kept running into blue screens along the lines of "Bad_pool_caller" and "CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION" so I ran basic tests like DISM and sfc /scannow. The issue didn't go away so I made sure everything in my pc was properly seated as I recently moved the PC during which I swapped my ram stick's slots. After booting I got a Windows boot error "0xc0000001" after some troubleshooting I narrowed the issue down to the ram slots. The issue is resolved, but I'm wondering why that caused Windows to not boot as I feel like this might be a sign of something failing on my pc. If anyone has any clues to why swapping ram slots caused a boot error it would be greatly appreciated. 

LinusTechTips???

The specifics of this swap are vague.  I can only give you the conventional wisdom.

Generally the move is if you have a single stick you put it in slot 1, if you have two sticks they go in 2&4.  4 sticks one in each, 2 sticks in 1&2, or 3 sticks sometimes works but the memory runs single channel

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

The specifics of this swap are vague.  I can only give you the conventional wisdom.

Generally the move is if you have a single stick you put it in slot 1, if you have two sticks they go in 2&4.  4 sticks one in each, 2 sticks in 1&2, or 3 sticks sometimes works but the memory runs single channel

Sorry about that, I had two sticks in 1 & 3. When I swapped them the stick in 3 got moved to 1 and vise versa. 

LinusTechTips???

And it failed?  Odd.  There is this thing called ram training which i do not understand much of.  It maybe involved.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

And it failed?  Odd.  There is this thing called ram training which i do not understand much of.  It maybe involved.

Huh I've never heard of ram training but I'll look into it for sure. Thank you!

LinusTechTips???

Generally, if you move RAM about, or swap PCI/PCIe cards around, you should power off, remove the power cord, and hold the PC power switch down for ~10s. No need to reset BIOS or remove the RTC battery (usually). The plug it back in and power up. Usually a good idea to enter BIOS/UEFI before an OS boot, just to check it's ok, then boot.