Best phone out there?

rl249

Hi, I'm looking at upgrading my phone but it's been so long since i've done it that I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to them.
I'm your typical phone user, i use facebook, snapchat, music, texting, internet and so on.. But I often find myself hopping from one app to the other. E.g - I could be texting someone on Viber or something while listening to music and searching the web and trying to save images from the web to send them to someone on another texting app while on a phone call or something stupid like that. 

I'm currently using an Iphone 4 and while it was good for the first year, no matter how much tidying up and clearing cache i did, it eventually got super slow and un responsive. Which phone wont degrade within a year and will be able to help me preform my tasks daily. I heard a  samsung galaxy is good, could someone list off like 5 phones i should look into? - i dont really want to get another iphone but if they are good then i could consider it.

Nokia 3310, obviously.

No, but my favorite is the HTC One X.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

At this point best smartphone for the price has to be LG G2.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

wait for the new iphone or get the galaxy s5, but dont get waterproof phones if they have flimsey plastic holders for the ports they break off easy :l you can also get the htc one

hellooooooooo

Nexus 5

(because im a fanboy)

LG G2 is better than nexus 5 in every way :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I'd get a HTC One or the new one that should come soon.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Can anyone with these phones tell me how they stay over time? and how how they are are multitasking 

Nexus 5.

It's cheap,too.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Can anyone with these phones tell me how they stay over time? 

I've had my S3 for 2 years and it's still doing great.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Samsung Galaxy S5

Xperia Z2

HTC ONE ( Second generation.) / M8

LG G flex

iPhone 6

Wait 2 months and all these phones will be buyable ( Except maybe for the 6)

Interested in Business and Technology

Can anyone with these phones tell me how they stay over time? and how how they are are multitasking 

I would say the most durable are HTC One and Xperia Z2 , multitasking is on all devices the same except for the iPhone 5s /6 that will come out. 

My personal favs are Xperia Z2 and if it's good the iPhone 6. I'm looking to switch to iOS for one generation as i have never used apple and i would like to try it out. If the iPhone 6 comes out with an at least 4.7'' screen that is. 

Interested in Business and Technology

LG G2 is better than nexus 5 in every way :(

Yes, and that shows in it's price. Here in the U.K it's £200 more...It's up to the OP as to whether that's worth the money. Also, LG has a terrible, TERRIBLE implementation of Android. Heavily skinned and sluggish.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Yes, and that shows in it's price. Here in the U.K it's £200 more...It's up to the OP as to whether that's worth the money. Also, LG has a terrible, TERRIBLE implementation of Android. Heavily skinned and sluggish.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-G2D802-16GB-Android-Phone/dp/B00FF6D47K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393589404&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+g2 nexus 5 is 100 pounds? :o

Spoiler

I was quoting the RRP - pretty much £500 new. The Nexus 5 was £300 new. Even at a similar price point...LG's software really does suck. I think If I did go for the G2 I'd have to put CM on it.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I was quoting the RRP - pretty much £500 new. The Nexus 5 was £300 new. Even at a similar price point...LG's software really does suck. I think If I did go for the G2 I'd have to put CM on it.

I wasnt talking about that, I'm taking prices now. Sure ROM can be changed and it doesn't suck that hard you can fix most of it.

Spoiler

I wasnt talking about that, I'm taking prices now. Sure ROM can be changed and it doesn't suck that hard you can fix most of it.

After using one for a few days...for me it's on par with Samsung's software. But yes, you can fix most of it. At the moment it's the only other phone I'd go for other than a Nexus 5 (If I rooted it). Having a 12-13 Hour day away from a charger means the Nexus 5's battery isn't that awesome once you start tethering, and power using.

After using one for a few days...for me it's on par with Samsung's software. But yes, you can fix most of it. At the moment it's the only other phone I'd go for other than a Nexus 5 (If I rooted it). Having a 12-13 Hour day away from a charger means the Nexus 5's battery isn't that awesome once you start tethering, and power using.

Yeah, LG G2 performance and battery life are amazing. Also that screen, when you hold it feels like it's just a screen, not a phone  :lol:

Spoiler

Well i'm going to be changing over to bill pay, so the price of the phone doesnt really matter since it's free under a 12 month contract. So whats the over all verdict? an S3 and a htc one seem to be the most talked about

At this point best smartphone for the price has to be LG G2.

HTC One.....

$$金Trill金$$

oh and don't forget the Nexus 5 that guy will probably run as fast as it can

$$金Trill金$$

oh and don't forget the Nexus 5 that guy will probably run as fast as it can

Nexus 5 is LG G2 with shitty camera and battery. HTC One has good build quality, but camera, battery and performance of G2 destroy it, also G2 costs less.

Spoiler

Nexus 5 is LG G2 with shitty camera and battery. HTC One has good build quality, but camera, battery and performance of G2 destroy it, also G2 costs less.

but dude the price to performance plus pure android 

$$金Trill金$$

IF you can live with worse battery and worse camera then sure Nexus might be better for you.

Spoiler