750D vs H440 vs Fractal Design Midi R2

UMxMarky94

Hey, been a bit since have been here but aways.

Im having a hard time picking between these three cases.

the 750d is the largest

the h440 will fit inside a desk

the Midi r2 fits in between the two.

im planning too watercool with a custom loop, the 750d and h440 csn both fit triple rads but the midi can fit a 280 which is just as good.

All I'm going to say is that I've worked in all 3... And I freaking LOVE my arc midi R2. Hard to go wrong though, all great choices.

Well I'd prefer having my rig on a desk next to me, rather then inside a desk.

I'd have to say the H440 would be the best choice in my opinion. It features a "thermal location" for the psu so that makes the cabling look nicer, and noise dampening foam and kick ass water cooling support.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

:D

I'd have to say the H440 would be the best choice in my opinion. It features a "thermal location" for the psu so that makes the cabling look nicer, and noise dampening foam and kick ass water cooling support.

TBH I'm a bit skeptical about the H440's W/C capabilities because the air flow

is so restricted due to the panels and those rather small ventilation slots.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I would go with the 750D if you really want to watercool your pc.

The H440 offers more radiator space than the 750D...and is specifically geared to water cooling. The 750D is more a Jack of all Trades.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

arc midi r2 :D :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

The H440 offers more radiator space than the 750D...and is specifically geared to water cooling. The 750D is more a Jack of all Trades.

As far as I know the 750D fits up to 4 radiators (360mm, 2x240mm, 120mm) and the 750D is better looking in my opinion.

As far as I know the 750D fits up to 4 radiators (360mm, 2x240mm, 120mm) and the 750D is better looking in my opinion.

Not at the same time you wont. It'll house a 360mm in the top, a 240mm in the bottom, and a (pointless) 120mm in the back. The H440 will do the same, except with 2x 360mm radiators and a 120mm.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Hey, been a bit since have been here but aways.

Im having a hard time picking between these three cases.

the 750d is the largest

the h440 will fit inside a desk

the Midi r2 fits in between the two.

im planning too watercool with a custom loop, the 750d and h440 csn both fit triple rads but the midi can fit a 280 which is just as good.

If you want something a roaring giant in you room but can still manage water cooling for H440. Did I mention its quiet? 

Not at the same time you wont. It'll house a 360mm in the top, a 240mm in the bottom, and a (pointless) 120mm in the back. The H440 will do the same, except with 2x 360mm radiators and a 120mm.

What's with the 240mm in the front?

I wouldn't say the H440 is specifically geared towards water cooling, for

that the ventilation for the rads is way too bad. It's a silent case with

some W/C capability IMHO.

According to this review, it gets very tight though with two 360s (although

indeed it does seem to be possible:

Getting a little deeper into the cooling possibilities of the case, the NZXT H440 can fit a 360 radiator in both the front and ceiling. Things start getting a little dicey though in terms of spacing. To fit both 360 rads, you'll soon find space is at a premium and you'll have to give up all your 3.5” fixed mounting points. Also, you'll have to have the ceiling radiator's inlet and outlet at the rear of the case and the front radiator's inlet and outlet at the bottom. Having both 360's there's no other configuration without modding the case.

Still, my primary concern with the H440 would be having the radiators starved

for air (unless you cut up the panels and make some additional ventilation

holes, which wouldn't be too hard).

Nonetheless, it is comparatively compact for what you can fit into it, I'll

give it that.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The H440 offers more radiator space than the 750D

Edit: Seems like the space available doesn't really differ from one another. 

I don't think it matters much in the end though. 

144Hz goodness

ta for all the feed back but still not sure what too be buy they are all good cases in there own right

My is a tad small for at + there is a nice space for it also forgot to mention it already have two monitors 

would listing my rig make it easier for you guys

ta for all the feed back but still not sure what too be buy they are all good cases in there own right

When I can't find any deciding objective reasons to make a choice, I usually

just make a gut decision and go with what I like best. ;)

That is true indeed. 

The H440 fits a 30mm thick 280 radiator in the top and a 80mm 360 in the front. On some motherboards you'll be able to squeeze a 45mm rad in the top. The 750D however fits a 45mm thick 360 radiator in the top and a 80mm thick 240 in the front. 

So it's 360x120x45 + 240x120x80 in the 750D against 360x120x80 + 280x140x30 in the H440 (4.248*10^6 mm³ 750D < 4.632*10^6 mm³ H440).

The H440 and the perfect radiator choice offer more space than the radiators in the 750D, I don't think it matters much in the end though. 

The 750D can take a 420mm rad in the top. The specs on the corsair website are apperently incorrect. I was corrected on this very topic here.

There are photos to prove the fitment in the link.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I'm almost certain I've seen someone fit a bottom and front at the same time before :S

The 750D can take a 420mm rad in the top. The specs on the corsair website are apperently incorrect. I was corrected on this very topic here.

Thank you, I indeed was not aware of that.

Taking the 420 into consideration both are almost equal in providing w/c space. 

144Hz goodness

Thank you, I indeed was not aware of that.

Taking the 420 into consideration both are almost equal in providing w/c space. 

No worries, I made the exact same mistake until I was corrected.

I like your mathematical take on the rads, but you can put a 280x140x80 in the front of the 750D aswell. you can put a 240x120x80 as you said, but that is not the upper limit. :)

I'm not saying that the 750D is certainly the right case for the OP but I do think that it is underrated, and that's saying something for the reputation that the 750D has.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

When I can't find any deciding objective reasons to make a choice, I usually

just make a gut decision and go with what I like best. ;)

BUT i like them all /cry shame really, 750D IMHO is the nicest looking ( loving the clean black look ) with nice large window. + have really lost faith in NZXT build quality with ( currently own phantom 820 ).

BUT i like them all /cry shame really, 750D IMHO is the nicest looking ( loving the clean black look ) with nice large window. + have really lost faith in NZXT build quality with ( currently own phantom 820 ).

I think you just answered your own question. :D

And yes, the paint quality does not seem to be that great according to the

review I linked.

properly it just the size...... the 350d would be great however i would have to get a new motherboard  

properly it just the size...... the 350d would be great however i would have to get a new motherboard  

well the Arc Midi is 350D sized and no motherboard purchase necessary.

building a rig in each one of those deffo had +/- features and benefits.

the 750D is a nice looking case, but very phinikie about fingerprints or brushing

against the front panel. easily the flex of the 750D is cost-cutting manufacturing,

side panels are thinnnnnn. front intake is a point of issue for water coolers, lack

of proper support.

H440 is a new breed, but can be claustrophobic at times. has a bit better front

intake over the 750D, but still restrictive. especially using a 360 rad up front. hidden

PSU is great, just accessing it could be a chore.

if keeping it simple, optional and open, the Arc Midi R2 has the best in class over

these other chassis. issues would be dust rings on front intake. fan controller is

poop, going for air cooling, a better fan through out would be helpful. easily handles

water cooling for future plans.

well the Arc Midi is 350D sized and no motherboard purchase necessary.

building a rig in each one of those deffo had +/- features and benefits.

the 750D is a nice looking case, but very phinikie about fingerprints or brushing

against the front panel. easily the flex of the 750D is cost-cutting manufacturing,

side panels are thinnnnnn. front intake is a point of issue for water coolers, lack

of proper support.

H440 is a new breed, but can be claustrophobic at times. has a bit better front

intake over the 750D, but still restrictive. especially using a 360 rad up front. hidden

PSU is great, just accessing it could be a chore.

if keeping it simple, optional and open, the Arc Midi R2 has the best in class over

these other chassis. issues would be dust rings on front intake. fan controller is

poop, going for air cooling, a better fan through out would be helpful. easily handles

water cooling for future plans.

yeah i love the h440's hidden PSU but how it is non removable, bit off topic, how many rivets hold in that psu cover ? Because i cant really see why they couldnt use screws or bolts