750D vs H440 vs Fractal Design Midi R2

UMxMarky94

yeah i love the h440's hidden PSU but how it is non removable, bit off topic, how many rivets hold in that psu cover ? Because i cant really see why they couldnt use screws or bolts  

i believe it is 9 rivets that hold the PSU cover on

3 mobo tray

3 rear i/o

3 bottom

replace with 6-32 screws/nuts

i believe it is 9 rivets that hold the PSU cover on

3 mobo tray

3 rear i/o

3 bottom

replace with 6-32 screws/nuts

it would be a cool little mod....

it would be a cool little mod....

yes and the HDD plate is held on by 10 rivets. just saying.

yes and the HDD plate is held on by 10 rivets. just saying.

lol. 

well its coming down to it the h440 and Arc Midi R2.

Arc Midi R2 is cheaper ( cheapest i have seen is £71 from scan.co.uk ) and easier to get you hands on + able to put a nice stealth disk drive on ( i love how they look + disk drive can be useful ) but looking at images i has limitations on what water cooling i can do

H440 looks epic, got great possibilities for mods  and other stuff but it REALLY hard to get your hands on only place i have seen it up for sale is overclockers.co.uk at £95 + i worry about build quality.

750D, tho i love its looks is a tad too big and come out the most expensive.

so it comes down too really too 360 rad is a harder to find case vs 240 rad in a well tested case.

side note gonna cool 3570k OC + 780 with the possibility of a second some day.

lol. 

well its coming down to it the h440 and Arc Midi R2.

Arc Midi R2 is cheaper ( cheapest i have seen is £71 from scan.co.uk ) and easier to get you hands on + able to put a nice stealth disk drive on ( i love how they look + disk drive can be useful ) but looking at images i has limitations on what water cooling i can do

H440 looks epic, got great possibilities for mods  and other stuff but it REALLY hard to get your hands on only place i have seen it up for sale is overclockers.co.uk at £95 + i worry about build quality.

750D, tho i love its looks is a tad too big and come out the most expensive.

so it comes down too really too 360 rad is a harder to find case vs 240 rad in a well tested case.

side note gonna cool 3570k OC + 780 with the possibility of a second some day.

if an ODD is needed, the H440 is out. if not, the Midi with some modifications can

hold a 360 in the roof (looses ODD) or 2x 240x 60 to make it even simpler.

so later if you add a second GPU. you are already ready. might have to jack fans

up a notch. Arc Midi R2 gets you going quicker, less space used, and buying the

right parts possibly quieter (2x 240 will allow slower fan speed).

or a 240x 60 in the roof and 280x 60 in the front for more options.

Also, on a side note: The powdercoat on my Fractal R4 is excellent, whereas

what I've seen (in reviews) of the H440's paint quality is less than stellar.

Just in case that's important to you.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

The H440 offers more radiator space than the 750D...and is specifically geared to water cooling. The 750D is more a Jack of all Trades.

It may have been made with watercooling in mind but definitely isn't made "for" watercooling. The ventilation is most places is horrendous for rads.

It may have been made with watercooling in mind but definitely isn't "made" for watercooling. the ventilation is most places is horrendous for rads.

Yup, that's what I've been preaching saying... ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Also, on a side note: The powdercoat on my Fractal R4 is excellent, whereas

what I've seen (in reviews) of the H440's paint quality is less than stellar.

Just in case that's important to you.

Yeah i know about nzxt and piss poor paint, my current 820, i had too repaint the side panel ( also modded it at the same time but didn't go great.) problem is there cases just look sooo good,

if an ODD is needed, the H440 is out. if not, the Midi with some modifications can

hold a 360 in the roof (looses ODD) or 2x 240x 60 to make it even simpler.

so later if you add a second GPU. you are already ready. might have to jack fans

up a notch. Arc Midi R2 gets you going quicker, less space used, and buying the

right parts possibly quieter (2x 240 will allow slower fan speed).

or a 240x 60 in the roof and 280x 60 in the front for more options.

it does put me off it a tad when i looking at it i almost screamed at my screen  when i saw it mad the mounts off center, i guess it for clearance. 

darn this is hard, anyone else no any case which could fit the bill ?

it does put me off it a tad when i looking at it i almost screamed at my screen  when i saw it mad the mounts off center, i guess it for clearance.

Yes, that's for clearance. Form follows function and all that.

Yes, that's for clearance. Form follows function and all that.

still want to slap them for it tho

I use Fractal Design cases exclusively and the Arc Midi R2 looks the best of all those cases, but I haven't found it to be as liquid cooling-friendly as I would have thought. I bought one awhile back and wound up returning it because it felt inferior to the Define R4. I hate the big NZXT logo on the side of the H440, which, for me, is the deal breaker with that case. The Corsair is going to be a great option for liquid cooling and a great case in general.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

still want to slap them for it tho

Well, you can't have everything. To me it's not really a bit deal

since you have that mesh section on top of the case, so from

the outside it still looks symmetrical. The advantage of the

approach is that you can keep the case more compact for the

same rad thickness as opposed to a case with symmetrical rad

mounting. If you want a centered mount and the capability to

use rads of same thickness, you're going to need to make the

case bigger (and some people prefer to have their cases be

compact-ish). The drawback is of course that people who really

want things to be utterly symmetrical are not going to be pleased,

but you're never going to be able to please everyone. ;)

As everythine else in engineering, it's a trade-off.

Well, you can't have everything. 

but i want everything !!!!!!!! =P