Need a better video card please, difficulty inside

Radium_Angel

This is not for gaming, but rather Sony Vegas Movie Studio 17 Platinum (yeah, a mouthful. Specs here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio/specifications/#productMenu)

Working with 4k footage, and the 750 Ti in the system isn't cutting it.

This will not be a gaming system, but there are space limitations. Triple wide cards won't fit (itx cube case) so I feel a single fan nVidia (nVidia only please, the software is crashy under AMD) card would be ideal.

USA budget of about 200$, 150$ is I can get away with it.

According to the specs:

For hardware rendering (NVEnc):

NVIDIA®  GeForce 9XX series or higher with 4GB

From what I know, the 4GB (or more vRAM) is critical. I assume a 9xx card isn't made any more new. I was thinking 1050/1080, but I am certainly open to suggestions.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

I thought the 1650 sucked as a GFX card, or was that just for gaming?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

This is the 1650 super 

Its a whole different card. Faster better frame buffer ( still same size ) more cuda cores 

It's not even close to being a 1650.

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

1650 super is on par with RX 580 for the most part. The 1650 regular is pretty bad.

you did say no gaming though.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

This is the 1650 super 

Its a whole different card. Faster better frame buffer ( still same size ) more cuda cores 

It's not even close to being a 1650.

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

1650 super is on par with RX 580 for the most part. The 1650 regular is pretty bad.

you did say no gaming though.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

I know this is going to be a trick to answer, since it's non-gaming, but would moving up to the 1660-series, be worth the cost, or is it only a minor improvement?

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Thank you for the enlightenment.

I know this is going to be a trick to answer, since it's non-gaming, but would moving up to the 1660-series, be worth the cost, or is it only a minor improvement?

more cuda cores means better acceleration, would be a worthwhile bump

Primary PC:

Gtx 1660 would be the minimum imo, as it has 6gb of vram, which is needed for 4k if you do some more advanced editing. 4gb 1650 would also work, but imo it is borderline

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.