770 or 760 SLI

TheCroaker
Go to solution Solved by Thecrazyswede,

I got my tax refund back, and I am trying to decide between getting a 770,

or getting a second 760 and running SLI

I have heard many times that Linus prefers single card setups, but I was curious what the true flaws are to it, and what everyone thinks

The flaws are for some games will not use more then one card, increased heat output, driver instability, and power draw.

the gains are POWWAHHHHHHHHH and aesthetics

I have heard many times that Linus prefers single card setups, but I was curious what the true flaws are to it, and what everyone thinks

My PC:

Case: Corsair C70, Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45, CPU: I5-4670k, RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance, GPU: Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming , PSU: Corsair RM650W Gold, Storage: 250 GB Samsung EVO SSD, 240 GB Kingston SSDNOW

sli

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

The flaws are for some games will not use more then one card, increased heat output, driver instability, and power draw.

the gains are POWWAHHHHHHHHH and aesthetics

Definitely 770 SLI

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

If you already have a 4GB 760, feel free to add another.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird