SeaSonic Focus GX 650w Gold any Good?

johnsoner13

As the title asks. I found it ranked pretty high on the PSU tier list but am unable to really find any other major reviews. It looks to be a solid pick though. Using it for a ryzen 5 3600+2060 super build. Any thoughts? Thanks

edit: $110 on amazon so im very compelled to get it soon if it’s any good

It's decent but the price is high - for 110 you can get an RMx 550W

14 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's decent but the price is high - for 110 you can get an RMx 550W

Thanks, unfortunately can’t find that PSU in stock at that price

15 minutes ago, johnsoner13 said:

Thanks, unfortunately can’t find that PSU in stock at that price

Are you from the US or?

I've not used it myself but I trust the person (people) maintaining the PSU tier list and I know Seasonic as a reputable brand.

Personally I'm more partial to Corsair like the RMx series but if those units are hard to come by where you live what you've found isn't sketchy or anything.

35 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I've not used it myself but I trust the person (people) maintaining the PSU tier list and I know Seasonic as a reputable brand.

Personally I'm more partial to Corsair like the RMx series but if those units are hard to come by where you live what you've found isn't sketchy or anything.

Thanks, I’ll snag it then 

3 minutes ago, johnsoner13 said:

Thanks, I’ll snag it then 

Prices on PSUs have been haywire because of the pandemic. Depending on how patient you are it may come cheaper for you if you can wait a couple months. I know >$100 isn't a great price for 650W.

I have the Seasonic PSU in question and it is running my workstation that is on 24/7.  I've done a dozen builds over the years always with Seasonic units without issues. 

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

23 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Prices on PSUs have been haywire because of the pandemic. Depending on how patient you are it may come cheaper for you if you can wait a couple months. I know >$100 isn't a great price for 650W.

I’m actually trying to find a PSU to put in a build for my friend and he doesn’t mind paying extra to get some things sooner, he really doesn’t wanna wait haha.

1 minute ago, Alan G said:

I have the Seasonic PSU in question and it is running my workstation that is on 24/7.  I've done a dozen builds over the years always with Seasonic units without issues. 

Awesome, great to hear. Thanks