Monitor not displaying but detected in windows.

DominicNikon
Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,
1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

Yes the TV does display its logo. I have not tried a different hdmi cable or device 

Definitely try with a different HDMI cable first, if it still does the same thing try the TV with a different device.

Hello, I have a vizio TV that I use for a 3rd monitor and it randomly stopped displaying but it is still detected by windows. Steps i tried to fix it is re-plug it into the GPU and tried immutable GPU ports, powered off and on the monitor, changed input and  uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver.  The specs are a vizio 24inch tv connected by hdmi to a GTX 980 and it was working fine yesterday. Does anyone have any suggestions?

image.png.6c8291212c323db7aca6ed10610767c2.png

Does the TV display the logo when you turn it off and back on? Have you tried it on a different device or tried a different HDMI cable?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Does the TV display the logo when you turn it off and back on? Have you tried it on a different device or tried a different HDMI cable?

Yes the TV does display its logo. I have not tried a different hdmi cable or device 

1 minute ago, DominicNikon said:

Definitely try with a different HDMI cable first, if it still does the same thing try the TV with a different device.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

5 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

It worked with a different HDMI cable. Thank you! what do you think happened to the other hdmi cable?

16 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

It worked with a different HDMI cable. Thank you! what do you think happened to the other hdmi cable?

Anything, it really depends I've had cheaper ones that come with TVs or Monitors just up and go out for no reason. It could just be the quality of the cable or if the computer is moved or unplugged from the cable a lot it can wear the pins down on basic cables. Usually I will buy higher quality cables separate rather than using the cheap ones that come with displays or devices.