Need Help with my Compiter

So I just got my RTX 2070 super and was replacing my GTX 1060. At first when I replaced the gpus my computer started beeping so I moved my ram stick to stop the beeping. After that the beeping stopped but now I get no display on my monitor even though all the fans and leds are on. I tried reverting back to gtx 1060 but the same thing happened. How do I fix this?

-= Topic moved to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Sounds like you did something besides change the card by accident. Hard to know what.  Maybe start by reseating all cables and whatnot.  Maybe a repaste in case you hit the cpu cooler and cracked some old hard paste.

you only have one ram stick?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Sounds like you did something besides change the card by accident. Hard to know what.  Maybe start by reseating all cables and whatnot.  Maybe a repaste in case you hit the cpu cooler and cracked some old hard paste.

you only have one ram stick?

Yes I only have 1 ran stick. And by reseating al the cables do you mean unplugging them from my power supply and re plugging them.

7 minutes ago, SageComic said:

Yes I only have 1 ran stick. And by reseating al the cables do you mean unplugging them from my power supply and re plugging them.

It could be your Ram stick stops you booting, it shouldn't be beeping at you for starters...
I'd reseat your RAM, try other slots to get it in good order,.. then retest 2070S

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

44 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

It could be your Ram stick stops you booting, it shouldn't be beeping at you for starters...
I'd reseat your RAM, try other slots to get it in good order,.. then retest 2070S

I tried reseating my ram and when I put it in the the black slots they computer turned on with no input (for both). When I put it in the red slots however it started beeping again. Also sorry for double threads.

E49D67D3-E897-48AE-9190-E9463BBF6985.jpeg

I’m not sure if beeping is bad or good. It might indicate a ram problem or it could mean the thing now works well enough to detect a different problem.  Is the motherboard manual still around?  Motherboard model isn’t mentioned so  I can’t look one up.  Beep codes are an old school debugging feature some boards still use.  The beep may be a sequence that is reporting a problem.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

35 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m not sure if beeping is bad or good. It might indicate a ram problem or it could mean the thing now works well enough to detect a different problem.  Is the motherboard manual still around?  Motherboard model isn’t mentioned so  I can’t look one up.  Beep codes are an old school debugging feature some boards still use.  The beep may be a sequence that is reporting a problem.

It’s a Higos motherboard in an omen 880-010 prebuilt. Idk if this helps but thank you.

16 minutes ago, SageComic said:

It’s a Higos motherboard in an omen 880-010 prebuilt. Idk if this helps but thank you.

yay! Manuals!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604

well that was anticlimactic.  The things are near useless as far as I can tell.  I had hope when I saw the user manual was 22 pages but it turned out it was mostly that it’s in a dozen or so languages and is mostly pictures.  I’m not finding anything useful.  There are instructions on how to do various things.  You can compare what you did to what they tell one to do.  Variances might provide a clue.

Beep codes are generally uneven.  Long beeps and short beeps.  They will repeat.  Often they are standardized.  If it is a beep code it could say what part of the machine the motherboard thinks there is a problem with.

also the specs page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604/model/16842113/document/c05525705

seems to be a pretty popular machine.  Lots of links for it.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

yay! Manuals!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604

well that was anticlimactic.  The things are near useless as far as I can tell.  I had hope when I saw the user manual was 22 pages but it turned out it was mostly that it’s in a dozen or so languages and is mostly pictures.  I’m not finding anything useful.  There are instructions on how to do various things.  You can compare what you did to what they tell one to do.  Variances might provide a clue.

Beep codes are generally uneven.  Long beeps and short beeps.  They will repeat.  Often they are standardized.  If it is a beep code it could say what part of the machine the motherboard thinks there is a problem with.

also the specs page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-000-desktop-pc-series/15776604/model/16842113/document/c05525705

seems to be a pretty popular machine.  Lots of links for it.

Ok thanks so much. I will read the manuals but before I do did they mention anything about updating bios?

1 minute ago, SageComic said:

Ok thanks so much. I will read the manuals but before I do did they mention anything about updating bios?

I don’t recall.  There were like a dozen different files and I didn’t look at all of them.  Most likely it’s something you’d have to get from HP. Drivers should be gotten from Nvidia. Much more current than the stuff the manufacturers have generally.  Same issue though, You’ll likely have to get the thing booting first. There are motherboards that can flash bios without booting but a motherboard that uses beep codes is unlikely to have it 

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t recall.  There were like a dozen different files and I didn’t look at all of them.  Most likely it’s something you’d have to get from HP. Drivers should be gotten from Nvidia. Much more current than the stuff the manufacturers have generally.  Same issue though, You’ll likely have to get the thing booting first. There are motherboards that can flash bios without booting but a motherboard that uses beep codes is unlikely to have it 

So would I have to replace the motherboard or my ram.

Replacing the motherboard may not be possible.  It’s listed as uATX but prebuilts have a tendency to have proprietary stuff.  Might run into issues with cable type or length. It’s not impossible the only motherboard it could be replaced with is an identical one.  There are apparently forums for just this model.  People might know there.  Very popular machine.

46 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Replacing the motherboard may not be possible.  It’s listed as uATX but prebuilts have a tendency to have proprietary stuff.  Might run into issues with cable type or length. It’s not impossible the only motherboard it could be replaced with is an identical one.  There are apparently forums for just this model.  People might know there.  Very popular machine.

Ok thanks for all the help. What could I do to fix this problem? Would I just have to replace the ram? Or is there a more severe problem since it no longer works with the GTX 1060.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok so I messed with the ram and stuff a little bit more and reinstalled the GTX 1060 and it works now. However, when I installed the RTX 2070S it started beeping again and this time I didn’t touch anything and put the 1060 back in and it works fine. Why does this happen? Is it a faulty RTX?

5 hours ago, SageComic said:

Ok so I messed with the ram and stuff a little bit more and reinstalled the GTX 1060 and it works now. However, when I installed the RTX 2070S it started beeping again and this time I didn’t touch anything and put the 1060 back in and it works fine. Why does this happen? Is it a faulty RTX?

Could be PSU power isn’t high enough, could be driver issue.  Is it the same beep code?  Is there even a code to the beep?

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be PSU power isn’t high enough, could be driver issue.  Is it the same beep code?  Is there even a code to the beep?

It’s kinda like 3 quick beeps and then 1 long beep. And then sometimes it’s just rapid.

3 minutes ago, SageComic said:

It’s kinda like 3 quick beeps and then 1 long beep. And then sometimes it’s just rapid.

Found a hp beep code chart.  Might be useful 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

1 hour ago, SageComic said:

So Either the new graphics card you bought is faulty or you dont have enough power to it.

what power supply do you have?

GTX 1060 requires minimum 400W power supply,

whereas RTX 270 Super requires minimum 650W.

Find out what you have, also have you got both the 6 and 8 pin connectors connected to the graphics card.

2 hours ago, TekSupport said:

So Either the new graphics card you bought is faulty or you dont have enough power to it.

Find out what you have, also have you got both the 6 and 8 pin connectors connected to the graphics card.

Oh that makes sense I only have a 500 watt power supply. But the 2070 still turned on. Is it just the gong on but not actually working?

2 hours ago, TekSupport said:

Yeah so I only have a 6 pin which is probably the problem. Thank You.

55 minutes ago, SageComic said:

Yeah so I only have a 6 pin which is probably the problem. Thank You.

So you never had the new card even completely powered and were wondering why things were beeping?

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

So you never had the new card even completely powered and were wondering why things were beeping?

Well I though since the card was on and the fans were spinning that it was fine.

13 minutes ago, SageComic said:

Well I though since the card was on and the fans were spinning that it was fine.

Whelp at any rate it’s solved.  That gpu needs more PSU than you currently have to function and nothing is broken.  Small bonus you have more documentation for your machine now.  I kinda feel dumb for not checking that one earlier.  I got caught up in the beep code thing though.