WTH is going on with my network.

EMMST

So, to start, my internet is limited to satellite, so it's already annoyingly slow. (CMON STARLINK!!!)

My network chain is as follows:

Viasat terminal (all routing turned off because it's a POS and drops WIFI all the time) > Zyxel C3000Z (as Router and WAP) > 150' Cat5  to Office > Asus RT-N12 set up as AP.

When running wired LAN through the final AP, my upload speed on wired connections goes down from ~10mbs to ~40kbps!!! The WIFI upload speed is fine at ~8mbps. If I take the Asus out of the equation everything is good, but then I don't have WIFI in my office, which is in a separate building. 

I don't understand why the Asus is cutting out my upload. It's routing is turned off and it should just be acting as a WAP and Switch, I'll admit it's a pretty cheap unit, but I'm not asking it to do much.

If I add an additional switch before the Asus, so I can have both wired and wireless in the office, is it going to do the same thing or should it solve the issue? 

Reccomendations?

5 minutes ago, EMMST said:

I don't understand why the Asus is cutting out my upload. It's routing is turned off and it should just be acting as a WAP and Switch, I'll admit it's a pretty cheap unit, but I'm not asking it to do much.

It's probably a limiting setting applied, try checking through the admin settings to ensure that the bandwidth and/or speed is not being capped or limited. Try getting a different ethernet cable since I have seen damaged cables causing slowed and inconsistent speeds, these units aren't really designed to be used as a good switch as well, and since it is a quite low-end router the resources may all be going to wireless and not leaving much for wired connections.

I would recommend getting a switch (even a cheap one will work more than great for your network):   https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Litewave-Unshielded-Unmanaged-LS1008G/dp/B086384H7C/ref=sr_1_37_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=network+switch&qid=1593189706&sr=8-37-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOENINDNWOFc4MlhEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzc3Nzk2MkdIMTBYQkwyUDJTNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzIyMzA3MTZDU1hSUzdWRlVMNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

5 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

It's probably a limiting setting applied, try checking through the admin settings to ensure that the bandwidth and/or speed is not being capped or limited. Try getting a different ethernet cable since I have seen damaged cables causing slowed and inconsistent speeds, these units aren't really designed to be used as a good switch as well, and since it is a quite low-end router the resources may all be going to wireless and not leaving much for wired connections.

I would recommend getting a switch (even a cheap one will work more than great for your network):   https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Litewave-Unshielded-Unmanaged-LS1008G/dp/B086384H7C/ref=sr_1_37_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=network+switch&qid=1593189706&sr=8-37-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzOENINDNWOFc4MlhEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzc3Nzk2MkdIMTBYQkwyUDJTNCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzIyMzA3MTZDU1hSUzdWRlVMNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

That makes perfect sense. I'll get a switch!