Help me choose a motherboard please.

Hi. So someone on Reddit helped me with a PC part picker list, but the motherboard they choose was too expensive. This was the reason they gave, which I don't know if it's true. ( This is completely subjective, but I used to be a PC repairman, and I'd personally stay away from AsRock. I've had no shortage of issues with AsRock boards. I think Asus is best, and MSI/Gigabyte are tied for second.)  I looking for a motherboard that costs around 200$. This is my PC part picker List. Feel free to tell me about any another issues, thank you.

Motherboard: b450 tomahawk max

i would also recommend getting the cooler master mwe gold 650w psu.

and I don’t see a gpu, you need one with that processor because it doesn’t have integrated graphics.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Some notes on your build, you don't need that aftermarket cooler the included one is fine and will fit in your case. And your case has front panel USB-C but your motherboard doesn't so that port won't work. Also you need a gpu for your system to work, if it's for gaming I'd recommend a 5700XT.

4 hours ago, carrickwater said:

I've had no shortage of issues with AsRock boards. I think Asus is best, and MSI/Gigabyte are tied for second.) 

Brand means nothing 

A model is what proves if it's good or not 

Not the brand, as for the board , get either a b550 pro 4 or a b450 tomhawk max or a mortar max 

Get rid of that cooler ,also what GPU are you planning on using ? Because the 3600 does not come with an integrated one 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

5 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

Motherboard: b450 tomahawk max

i would also recommend getting the cooler master mwe gold 650w psu.

and I don’t see a gpu, you need one with that processor because it doesn’t have integrated graphics.

5 hours ago, Darpyface said:

Some notes on your build, you don't need that aftermarket cooler the included one is fine and will fit in your case. And your case has front panel USB-C but your motherboard doesn't so that port won't work. Also you need a gpu for your system to work, if it's for gaming I'd recommend a 5700XT.

50 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Brand means nothing 

A model is what proves if it's good or not 

Not the brand, as for the board , get either a b550 pro 4 or a b450 tomhawk max or a mortar max 

Get rid of that cooler ,also what GPU are you planning on using ? Because the 3600 does not come with an integrated one 

I have a GPU already in my build right now.  I didn't know the Ryzen came with a CPU cooler. Is it good? Everyone is mentioning a b550 pro 4 or a b450 tomhawk max or a mortar max, which honestly is confusing haha. @Darpyface will those motherboards work with the front usb c, or do I need to get a more expensive option.

5 minutes ago, carrickwater said:

Is it good

Yes it is 

It does the job

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Ok so I just found out that all of the motherboards which where picked are ATX. Sadly those would not work for me.

2 minutes ago, carrickwater said:

Sadly those would not work for me.

Just noticed that you have a mini itx build

My bad. The strix I is a pretty good board

If it's over your budget look at the aorus pro I 

Which should power a 3600 

Itx boards are not widely available as b450 

Mostly atx and matx 

Build Log: 

20 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Just noticed that you have a mini itx build

My bad. The strix I is a pretty good board

If it's over your budget look at the aorus pro I 

Which should power a 3600 

Itx boards are not widely available as b450 

Mostly atx and matx 

Thanks.