Newbie PC enthusiast.

Naitsirk

Recently I bought a PC build from a friend at $240, and I'm looking for an upgrade path which would be available for this current build.Already included the monitor, peripherals. 

Specs.

- core i3 6100.

- Msi H110m pro-vh.

- Hyperx Fury 2133mhz ddr4 8gigs.

- Gtx 750ti.

was planing to add 120gb ssd. 

Can you guys suggest an upgrade path that cost "less"  I only play games as a stress reliever and as past time activity. I usually play MOBA. MMORPG and FPS games. 

12 minutes ago, Naitsirk said:

Recently I bought a PC build from a friend at $240, and I'm looking for an upgrade path which would be available for this current build.Already included the monitor, peripherals. 

Specs.

- core i3 6100.

- Msi H110m pro-vh.

- Hyperx Fury 2133mhz ddr4 8gigs.

- Gtx 750ti.

was planing to add 120gb ssd. 

Can you guys suggest an upgrade path that cost "less"  I only play games as a stress reliever and as past time activity. I usually play MOBA. MMORPG and FPS games. 

used market is going to be your best friend here, an i7 6700/6700k pared with a 980ti/1080 (Both used) and another 8gb of ram would be your best bet. You'll likely see more of an improvement from upgrading the GPU first, then CPU then ram. Personally if moneys tight id leave the ssd till later as it wont effect fps. What's your power supply? 

3 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

used market is going to be your best friend here, an i7 6700/6700k pared with a 980ti/1080 (Both used) and another 8gb of ram would be your best bet. You'll likely see more of an improvement from upgrading the GPU first, then CPU then ram. Personally if moneys tight id leave the ssd till later as it wont effect fps. What's your power supply? 

Power supply is Aerocool rave 500watts 80+

I appreciate the feedback.

I was thinking of upgrading the RAM>Processor>GPU. but I see your recommendation was way better. Do I still need to upgrade the mobo? or just stick with it for the processor. 

Just now, Naitsirk said:

Power supply is Aerocool rave 500watts 80+

I appreciate the feedback.

I was thinking of upgrading the RAM>Processor>GPU. but I see your recommendation was way better. Do I still need to upgrade the mobo? or just stick with it for the processor. 

You wont be able to overclock the processor, but the 0.3ghz you might get over normal boost clocks is pointless for what it would cost to buy a new mobo 

The addition of an SSD will certainly make your system feel much more snappy. If you haven't upgraded to an SSD for your OS yet, it's a great upgrade.

**Side note: Found a 1TB SSD on pcpartspicker for less than $100. 2020 me is laughing at 2010 me who bought a 64GB for $150.00!)**

I disagree with any upgrade other than an SSD.

I don't care what the motherboard QVL list of CPUs is, that VRM is less than good and I would not trust my non-k 6700 on it.

If you want upgrade on that platform, only take the dirtiest, cheapest deals. Be patient and look for an i5 CPU in the range of $35.00 or so.

Man, you need a full upgrade. Sorry to say it.

What resolution are you even gaming at?

2 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

You wont be able to overclock the processor, but the 0.3ghz you might get over normal boost clocks is pointless for what it would cost to buy a new mobo 

I see your point,overclock is not really my forte, though i see a good deal on an i7 6700. and an i5 6600. I will just try to upgrade the gpu to 1060/1050 ti. 

1 minute ago, Naitsirk said:

I see your point,overclock is not really my forte, though i see a good deal on an i7 6700. and an i5 6600. I will just try to upgrade the gpu to 1060/1050 ti. 

I would save a bit more and try and get a 970/1060 if you can, the performance upgrade from a 750ti to a 1050ti wouldn't be worth it 

2 minutes ago, INurHome said:

The addition of an SSD will certainly make your system feel much more snappy. If you haven't upgraded to an SSD for your OS yet, it's a great upgrade.

**Side note: Found a 1TB SSD on pcpartspicker for less than $100. 2020 me is laughing at 2010 me who bought a 64GB for $150.00!)**

I disagree with any upgrade other than an SSD.

I don't care what the motherboard QVL list of CPUs is, that VRM is less than good and I would not trust my non-k 6700 on it.

If you want upgrade on that platform, only take the dirtiest, cheapest deals. Be patient and look for an i5 CPU in the range of $35.00 or so.

Man, you need a full upgrade. Sorry to say it.

What resolution are you even gaming at?

HAHAHA I know right.  I play moslty moba at high settings 1440×1080.  my current HDD is 1tb seagate baracuda. i5 processor average price on "used" i5 on my country is like 120-130usd. 

Sadly it is near impossible to get a good value on an old i7. You can't really find a 6700 under $180, when all they're worth is about $100.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

I would save a bit more and try and get a 970/1060 if you can, the performance upgrade from a 750ti to a 1050ti wouldn't be worth it 

really!?. damn... it seems that posting here on LTT forum was a good idea. anyway I really do appreciate the suggestions. forum is a lot friendlier than other platform lol. 

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Sadly it is near impossible to get a good value on an old i7. You can't really find a 6700 under $180, when all they're worth is about $100.

the used on here in my country sells around 200-230usd. It's hard to find good deals. 

8 minutes ago, Naitsirk said:

the used on here in my country sells around 200-230usd. It's hard to find good deals. 

That's about the same as the US, it's a pretty poor deal. If you want a proper upgrade, a new motherboard would really be required. The Ryzen 3 3100 makes a really compelling step up, with a cheap B450 or B550 motherboard to allow you to upgrade to 4th gen ryzen later.

As for graphics card, a used RX 570 or 470 is about the best value possible. What would that cost you?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

27 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That's about the same as the US, it's a pretty poor deal. If you want a proper upgrade, a new motherboard would really be required. The Ryzen 3 3100 makes a really compelling step up, with a cheap B450 or B550 motherboard to allow you to upgrade to 4th gen ryzen later.

As for graphics card, a used RX 570 or 470 is about the best value possible. What would that cost you?

Its seems that ryzen would be a better alternative if I cant find a decent price for i5 or i7.

rx 570 brand new is around $170 and used is at 110-120 usd. laughable prices :( 

46 minutes ago, Naitsirk said:

HAHAHA I know right.  I play moslty moba at high settings 1440×1080.  my current HDD is 1tb seagate baracuda. i5 processor average price on "used" i5 on my country is like 120-130usd. 

Holy cow.

Check Ebay, there is an i5-6500 right now for $1.34USD, not including shipping. But that is only about 10-15% better than your 6100 (or so some quick fact checking says).

But ultimately I agree with Fasauceome, a 3100 on a B450/550 would be the way to go.

From a 750ti the RX 570 is a great upgrade. Start low-balling and haggled those overpriced listings.

GL

Chris

3 hours ago, Naitsirk said:

Its seems that ryzen would be a better alternative if I cant find a decent price for i5 or i7.

rx 570 brand new is around $170 and used is at 110-120 usd. laughable prices :( 

That's actually not that bad, only a small price increase for new compared to USD, where they're only about $130 for 4gb

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC: