PC - HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop

Specs

-i7-7700 3.60GHZ

-16GB RAM 

-750Ti Msi Twin Frozr

-1TB Seagate HDD

-180W PSU

-Lubin Motherboad 

(The Graphics Card lies on top of the computer connected by and external GPU socket which runs into the PC)

My problem has just recently began where while im playing a certain game (RUST) the graphics card will heat up meaning the fans increase in speed most likely using more wattage and i think it uses so much to the point where my computer just stops and automatically restarts or sometimes when i cap the fan speed and after a while the screen will just go black and not come back please someone help im positive its due to lack of power but this problem has just emerged after 2 years of owning this terrible rig which is why im confused 

57 minutes ago, MarcelWIMP said:

PC - HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop

Specs

-i7-7700 3.60GHZ

-16GB RAM 

-750Ti Msi Twin Frozr

-1TB Seagate HDD

-180W PSU

-Lubin Motherboad 

(The Graphics Card lies on top of the computer connected by and external GPU socket which runs into the PC)

My problem has just recently began where while im playing a certain game (RUST) the graphics card will heat up meaning the fans increase in speed most likely using more wattage and i think it uses so much to the point where my computer just stops and automatically restarts or sometimes when i cap the fan speed and after a while the screen will just go black and not come back please someone help im positive its due to lack of power but this problem has just emerged after 2 years of owning this terrible rig which is why im confused 

If the fans ramp up it sounds like a heat problem.  Limiting fan speed but not gpu speed at that point could cause a gpu to overheat I think.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

If the fans ramp up it sounds like a heat problem.  Limiting fan speed but not gpu speed at that point could cause a gpu to overheat I think.  

Ok thank you i appreciate you taking time out to reply, i will try look into limiting my gpu speed

3 hours ago, MarcelWIMP said:

Ok thank you i appreciate you taking time out to reply, i will try look into limiting my gpu speed

There are a bunch of things that can cause gpu overheating.  Dirty fins and not enough airflow to the gpu are a couple.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.