Advice for new home network setup

I am looking to make a baller home network setup I am about to run cat 6 in my was to replace the very dated cat 5 (yes regular cat 5). There are currently 1 to 2 Ethernet jacks in every room so I will be needing a 24 port managed switch I do plan to add security cameras in the future (all Poe). 
my home does have a networking room that I plan on putting a sever rack in.

I’m leaning more towards ubiquity but have no clue what I need to get. 
any and all advice welcome if you need more info pm me or ask below. 

Thank you in advance!

sorry in advance for bad punctuation and grammar :D

-TheFailBot

Some thing like an edge router, then your switch with poe. Add A couple of those round AP's and your good to go. 

Not sure if i actually answered your question though

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

1 minute ago, Jae Tee said:

Some thing like an edge router, then your switch with poe. Add A couple of those round AP's and your good to go. 

Not sure if i actually answered your question though

Ok, and kinda more or less looking for all the products I will be needing beings that there is sooo much out there and I only have the slightest bit of an ides on what I’m doing lol but thank you but I never thought about the rougher with my switch so thank you 👍🏼

-TheFailBot

my only advice as to what brand to get, is to get everything (or as much as possible) from the same brand, and if applicable from within the same product category of a certain brand.

the biggest annoyance in networking equipment is when stuff doesnt play nice together, buying within a single 'ecosystem' can save you quite a headache.

in other words, if you plan on getting ubiquity AP's, get their POE switch. if you plan on getting linksys AP's, get a linksys POE switch (linksys actually has quite a nice ecosystem of small business grade stuff), and if you plan on getting HPE Aruba AP's... do what you want, you're gonna have issues either way...

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

my only advice as to what brand to get, is to get everything (or as much as possible) from the same brand, and if applicable from within the same product category of a certain brand.

the biggest annoyance in networking equipment is when stuff doesnt play nice together, buying within a single 'ecosystem' can save you quite a headache.

in other words, if you plan on getting ubiquity AP's, get their POE switch. if you plan on getting linksys AP's, get a linksys POE switch (linksys actually has quite a nice ecosystem of small business grade stuff), and if you plan on getting HPE Aruba AP's... do what you want, you're gonna have issues either way...

Very good point I have kinda dabbled in the linksys eco system and have found it quite annoying and limited in the way of options   

-TheFailBot