New computer doesn't want to post

I've spent my morning helping a friend build a new computer for himself, and everything was going well until the moment of truth. At first, the computer refused to even turn on. After a bit of screwing around, we got the motherboard LED to come on. After we moved the RAM stick from one slot to the other, peculiarly, the computer turned on, but still failed to post. I'm at a loss, we've tried to reseat everything but the CPU, used different displays, and so on. I don't know how to troubleshoot this board because it doesn't even display post codes.

AMD A8-9600

Asus Prime A320M-K
Patriot Signature 8GB
Cooler Master Elite V3 500W
PNY GTX 780Ti

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

Is the case cables in the correct spots? Where input plugged in?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 hours ago, Kanna said:

Is the case cables in the correct spots? Where input plugged in?

Everything has been checked over multiple times, everything is plugged in and it just doesn't want to work, I'm guessing it's either a CPU or a RAM issue

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

3 hours ago, UnreliablyGood said:

I've spent my morning helping a friend build a new computer for himself, and everything was going well until the moment of truth. At first, the computer refused to even turn on. After a bit of screwing around, we got the motherboard LED to come on. After we moved the RAM stick from one slot to the other, peculiarly, the computer turned on, but still failed to post. I'm at a loss, we've tried to reseat everything but the CPU, used different displays, and so on. I don't know how to troubleshoot this board because it doesn't even display post codes.

AMD A8-9600

Asus Prime A320M-K
Patriot Signature 8GB
Cooler Master Elite V3 500W
PNY GTX 780Ti

There are multiple ways troubleshooting data is displayed, there are lights, beeps or digital codes.  The motherboard manual should say what it does and how it works.  It is an a series motherboard.  They do go cheap on those as hard as they can.  The oldest cheapest system is the beep code which requires a speaker be attached.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

45 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

There are multiple ways troubleshooting data is displayed, there are lights, beeps or digital codes.  The motherboard manual should say what it does and how it works.  It is an a series motherboard.  They do go cheap on those as hard as they can.  The oldest cheapest system is the beep code which requires a speaker be attached.

My friend tells me that the motherboard didn't come with a speaker, and he's not the type to have those laying around. Is there an LED or something on that board that can be used instead?

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

14 hours ago, UnreliablyGood said:

My friend tells me that the motherboard didn't come with a speaker, and he's not the type to have those laying around. Is there an LED or something on that board that can be used instead?

The manual will say.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.