Suggestion for new headphones

Leon1403

Hi,

I was using Roccat cross headphones for over 3 years and I am searching for replacement. Right side stopped working for 2nd time after replacing the cable that goes from left to right driver and pads started to wear off. I am looking for smaller over ear headphones with detachable microphone and with 3.5 mm cable so I can plug it in my phone too. I am gaming on pc but I would rather have better audio than 7.1 surround sound.

1 hour ago, Leon1403 said:

Hi,

I was using Roccat cross headphones for over 3 years and I am searching for replacement. Right side stopped working for 2nd time after replacing the cable that goes from left to right driver and pads started to wear off. I am looking for smaller over ear headphones with detachable microphone and with 3.5 mm cable so I can plug it in my phone too. I am gaming on pc but I would rather have better audio than 7.1 surround sound.

DT 770 (80ohm)pro with modmic antlion uni.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

34 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

DT 770 (80ohm)pro with modmic antlion uni.

Thanks for the suggestion. This headphones seem very good but I forgot to mention that I would like to spend max 100$. Sorry

9 minutes ago, Leon1403 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. This headphones seem very good but I forgot to mention that I would like to spend max 100$. Sorry

HyperX cloud alpha is a good choice

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

2 hours ago, Leon1403 said:

Hi,

What is your budget

17 minutes ago, Leon1403 said:

Takstar pro 82

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

Takstar pro 82

No. He wants a gaming headset to speak also. any hyperX cloud headset will work for him. The alpha is a good choice for him I think.

!EDIT!: Maybe the cloud 2 is better for him I don't know. I've heard some sketchy shit with the alphas.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

42 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

No. He wants a gaming headset to speak also. any hyperX cloud headset will work for him. The alpha is a good choice for him I think.

!EDIT!: Maybe the cloud 2 is better for him I don't know. I've heard some sketchy shit with the alphas.

the takstar pro 82 can be better than clouds though... so I mean the cooler master mh 751 /752 woiuld be a better choice than clouds. they use a better driver than the cloud series which uses the takstar pro 80 drivers last gen and not as good as the 82's 

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

the takstar pro 82 can be better than clouds though... so I mean the cooler master mh 751 /752 woiuld be a better choice than clouds. they use a better driver than the cloud series which uses the takstar pro 80 drivers last gen and not as good as the 82's 

True... Then the best bet for him are the Cooler master MH751 or 752 although he should save up for a pair of better headphones with a modmic or something.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit

Thank you so much! I will probably buy Cooler master MH751. Modmic is a little too expensive for me and I don't live in a big country so shipping can be tricky.

6 hours ago, Leon1403 said:

Thank you so much! I will probably buy Cooler master MH751. Modmic is a little too expensive for me and I don't live in a big country so shipping can be tricky.

You could save up for a blue snowball mic or something then. A modmic doesn't have the same quality as the snowball but it is less big of course.

My PC specs & audio gear

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

VR > Valve index kit