PSA on Valorant - Blocks 21:9 Monitors

Orangeator

Tried to play Valorant for the first time today and it turns out that the developers have blocked all support for ultra wide monitors. Meaning if you have a 21:9 monitor, you will be playing with massive black bars on the sides of the screen. Major disappointment. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Overwatch does this too. The theory is that it provides a competitive advantage, which is stupid because they don’t cap high refresh rate monitors or faster actuating keyboards. Really does stink

17 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Tried to play Valorant for the first time today and it turns out that the developers have blocked all support for ultra wide monitors. Meaning if you have a 21:9 monitor, you will be playing with massive black bars on the sides of the screen. Major disappointment. 

Well in that case, why not just make it 8 bit? 

I mean it's not like everybody can afford even a 1080p monitor lol

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

2 hours ago, Quadrum said:

Overwatch does this too. The theory is that it provides a competitive advantage, which is stupid because they don’t cap high refresh rate monitors or faster actuating keyboards. Really does stink

If that's the case, why not keep the FOV the same, regardless of the monitor? For example, keep it capped at 90 FOV... Then it just stretches on the ultrawide? How is that a competitive advantage? Super frustrating, haha.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

4 hours ago, Orangeator said:

If that's the case, why not keep the FOV the same, regardless of the monitor? For example, keep it capped at 90 FOV... Then it just stretches on the ultrawide? How is that a competitive advantage? Super frustrating, haha.

Yeah, the dev team refuses to answer questions about it, even though there don’t ban high-refresh rate monitors which are proven to improve gameplay. It’s the one thing that kept me from buying ultra wide.