Ebay cancel transaction?

So my cousin bought a phone from ebay and then received it.Then he didn't want it anymore so he issued a refund and sent the item back to them 5 days later got an email that said to accept the the seller's request to cancel this transaction,but he hasn't gotten his money back.Do you have to cancel the transaction to get the refund?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Do you have to cancel the transaction to get the refund?

I would guess the obvious answer is yes. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

How long ago was this? Refunds can take some time and most businesses on eBay right now are actually honorable people (if your cousin was smart enough to check their reviews anyways). There's is a chance that he's f'ed though.

How long ago was this? Refunds can take some time and most businesses on eBay right now are actually honorable people (if your cousin was smart enough to check their reviews anyways). There's is a chance that he's f'ed though.

I got the email today.

i would say your cousin is F**KED...

why?
2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO