Ultimate build help

Budget (including currency): CDN and no real budget

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A lot of gaming of all different kinds and learning 3d Design and animation on the side. 

Other details: All new, starting from scratch, ill be getting desk, chair, monitors, mouse keyboard the entire thing. Not sure if i want 3 monitors or 1 extra wide but with the advent of 4k gaming on the horizon thats something ill be aiming for. 

Hi Everyone, first time posting.

So, first off the reasoning, I could never afford a PC, now I'm going to be selling my house and moving into an apartment due to a change on relationship. I haven't built a PC in at least 15 years so I'm very rusty in PC tech as I've just had consoles for all that time. Been doing alot of research etc, wont have the funds till late July so decided i might be better waiting till the new Nvidia 30 series is announced. If im going big why not go all the way.

I wont say my budget is limitless but i already expect to be spending $10k as ill need monitors, chair etc. etc. Right now my main focus is gaming but I'll be learning 3d design on the side, so ill need something that can handle both even if it does gaming better than 3d as I'm just learning that.

I see there are places in the US that make amazing custom builds but in Canada they are few and far between and usually its using their own cases like CyberPower etc which I'm not a fan of.

Is there somewhere in Canada that can go wild and build a truly ultimate rig around fall (For the 30 series card) with all the newest and best components?

I've built my own rigs before but so long ago that with all the new tech and how big im going i feel ill missing something.   

I have also tried to decide between liquid cooling and air cooling, i love how water looks and its so much cleaner to look at. But i know i cant do hard tubing on my own and even water cooling in general makes me nervous.

So people who are ultimate builders, where do i go? (Man i wish i could get Linus's team to just go wild and build something haha)

9 minutes ago, earth_inheritor said:

I've built my own rigs before but so long ago that with all the new tech and how big im going i feel ill missing something

If anything, it's easier now than it was 15 years ago. Make sure to get a decent motherboard and PSU (The forum has good articles on these) if you're spending serious money.

10 minutes ago, earth_inheritor said:

I have also tried to decide between liquid cooling and air cooling, i love how water looks and its so much cleaner to look at. But i know i cant do hard tubing on my own and even water cooling in general makes me nervous.

AIO's (All-in-ones) are great for a reliable build. My 1st gen Corsair H60 is ~ 8 years old, and just stopped functioning, the water has weeped (The fitting and lines tend to ever so slightly lose water to evaporation, no leaks) out over the years, just enough to stop it circulating. I filled it back up, and all is well. Super clean on the inside too.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

I think you really should figure out your desk/chair setup first.   You can spend a LOT of money on just those 2 items.   Then decide on triple monitor vs ultra wide.   I understand you want to go big and have a ultimate setup but there is a lot to that.   After you have that down then you will have a better idea of your budget.

Lastly, it is smart to wait for this fall if you can when the 3000 NVIDIA and Big Navi AMD GPUs are released.

2 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Lastly, it is smart to wait for this fall if you can when the 3000 NVIDIA and Big Navi AMD GPUs are released.

Yeah i wasn't going to wait then i saw that its likely going to be around September, wont have the funds still late July so it isn't much more of a wait, havent had a PC for years after my crappy laptop died so whats another month. 

As for the desk situation, my new place as a decent den so its more of picking a nice big desk anyway regardless of if i go for 1 or 3 monitors. just hard to find the best options. i like the idea of super wide screen gaming just so you dont have the boarder. I guess i could even do one ultra wide for gaming and a second for other stuff, like for 3d i would use the main screen for modeling and keep the second screen for materials or something else etc. 

Do you have a MicroCenter near you?   I thought I saw in a video they have a service center which will put together a PC for you from your parts list - so you get to pick all the parts and they will built it with a custom water cooling loop.

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

Do you have a MicroCenter near you?   I thought I saw in a video they have a service center which will put together a PC for you from your parts list - so you get to pick all the parts and they will built it with a custom water cooling loop.

will they build it and ship it or do you have to pick it up

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

15 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

If anything, it's easier now than it was 15 years ago. Make sure to get a decent motherboard and PSU (The forum has good articles on these) if you're spending serious money.

I think the most difficult part is deciding on brands. It seems Intel has the best clock speeds, better for gaming, but AMD has the most cores which is better for 3d rendering. Also, i always used to pick ASUS MBs as a preference and i love the design of them. But on reddit i was informed that some brands works better with certain processor brands. I want to make sure i have room to expand RAM, maybe start with 32gb or 64 and have the ability to go into the 100s if i get big into 3d design. 

I'll certainly look at AIOs, never tried them before but might be worth looking at. 

2 minutes ago, xXFitzXx said:

will they build it and ship it or do you have to pick it up

I honestly don't know.   I have never been to a MicroCenter store (not one withing 500 miles). 

Here is a page from their web-site which hopefully will provide more information:  https://www.microcenter.com/category/4294812275/services-offered

closest on to me is in georgia

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 minute ago, earth_inheritor said:

I think the most difficult part is deciding on brands. It seems Intel has the best clock speeds, better for gaming, but AMD has the most cores which is better for 3d rendering. Also, i always used to pick ASUS MBs as a preference and i love the design of them. But on reddit i was informed that some brands works better with certain processor brands. I want to make sure i have room to expand RAM, maybe start with 32gb or 64 and have the ability to go into the 100s if i get big into 3d design. 

I'll certainly look at AIOs, never tried them before but might be worth looking at. 

Ah, yes. No matter what you pick, people will tell you otherwise. Generally speaking, you can't really go wrong, as long as you buy legitimate brands and compatible hardware. ASUS makes some good products still, but I've been less than impressed with their support. I recently bought MSI as a result. Most people will recommend AMD CPU's if you do anything other than gaming. I'd definitely look at getting a motherboard which already supports 128 GB of ram if that's potentially in your future (Although I also do 3D modelling, and haven't had the need for more than 16 GB, unless you're doing some really crazy FEA/CFD analysis. Good analysis design should keep your RAM usage under control).

The only reasons to go AIO is for the looks and ease of service. I stick to them, as I've had one too many bad experiences working around big air coolers. That being said, big air coolers are usually better performing and quieter than most AIO's.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

For cases, i used to love Thermaltake, i was looking at the Level 20 as i love the modular design and it has room for a tonne of cooling and drives. I have no problem with a super tower, i just want more space for the bigger graphics cards etc so i wont have future issues. I have looked at the Corsair ones and Lian Li too. They both have some nice ones. 

I want to go super tower so i know i wont have to limit the stuff i buy based on space.