Can 500 watts be enough for ryzen 5 3600 and rx 570 8gb

otic
16 hours ago, Altimitt said:

I found about this the hard way. I got the 750w Huntkey GS750 80white. I have a Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 570 4GB + 2x8 GB DDR4. For two whole years, my PC had frequent crashing, and freezing. It was fairly hard to know which part was malfunctioning due to NOT seeing a Blue Screen. Event Viewer logs are non-existent. 

Tried changing the mobo, RAM, GPU and HDD. I didn't even suspect the PSU cuz back then I bought it brand new. But when I was so pissed-off after suffering a system crash for the 1000th time (not exactly a thousand but you get the picture), I bit the bullet and bought a 650w Seasonic S12III Evo 80 Bronze. 

Didn't suffer from a crash or freeze after that. Been using it for more than 5 months already without a hitch. Back when I haven't replaced my PSU, it would freeze or crash at least once per day.

Well you should replacd it again ad that seasonic is anything but quality. Better than your huntskey but euhh also not something to be trusted.

Its not bad bad but its basically what if we reuse our 2007 psu design again kinda deal with cheaper internals. Its very much so lacking a lot of modern and expected features.