i74710hq overclocked to 3.7ghz? (3.5ghz max)

2 hours ago, D2ultima said:

You can't disable power limit throttle on 4xxxHQ without powercut. It's not possible. I'm the author of that mobile i7 info guide whoever quoted above, and whatever someone else said isn't going to work. It was on purpose by intel that these things don't draw any more power.

On 6/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, linusfanboi_skrub1 said:

Can you not do the microcode hack to unlock the multiplier on HQ series CPUs? I know it works fine on MQ series CPUs. If it doesn't work only because of boot guard, that's one of the targets of the CPU exploit teams and the Coreboot community. Might be possible to bypass it soonish.

49 minutes ago, Haxalicious said:

Can you not do the microcode hack to unlock the multiplier on HQ series CPUs? I know it works fine on MQ series CPUs. If it doesn't work only because of boot guard, that's one of the targets of the CPU exploit teams and the Coreboot community. Might be possible to bypass it soonish.

Microcode is a BIOS hack that unlocks multiplier limits and requires early BIOS versions, which should in theory not support the 4710HQ he has, since that CPU is a refreshed model.

Also, this is irrelevant to power limit 1 being stuck at 47W which is an EC setting and is designed specifically for 4xxxHQ chips. Even if you unlocked the multiplier and set it to 5GHz it doesn't mean you'll get over 47W PL1. You'll just throttle the CPU all the way down to 3GHz with the high voltage 5GHz would need. 

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday