Having trouble accessing my old Rocket mail email

So I made an account on rocket mail waaaay back in 2009 and it was for using yahoo messenger as I remember.  I still have its username and password and also have a recovery email setup in it which is a gmail that i use regularly. If im correct, to login to a rocket mail account, you have to go to yahoo mail and sign in with username@rocketmail.com. I did this but it gives me an error stating  "Sorry, we don't recognize this email". I dont remember deactivating the account so is there any other thing that could be keeping me from logging in? Is there a way I can use my recovery email to get me back in?

14 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

I dont remember deactivating the account so is there any other thing that could be keeping me from logging in?

If you haven't used it for years, they may have deactivated your account anyways. You should ask them, not us.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

If you haven't logged into your account since 2009, there's a real good chance that your account was deactivated and deleted due to inactivity.  Most likely will have to create a new account.

48 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

If you haven't used it for years, they may have deactivated your account anyways. You should ask them, not us.

48 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

If you haven't logged into your account since 2009, there's a real good chance that your account was deactivated and deleted due to inactivity.  Most likely will have to create a new account.

:o I didnt know they deactivate like that. 

WereCatf kb5zue

looks like u guys were right. I contacted their customer support and they said they deactivate them in 1 year if they see no activity. 

2 hours ago, Shammikit said:

WereCatf kb5zue

looks like u guys were right. I contacted their customer support and they said they deactivate them in 1 year if they see no activity. 

Eleven years without any action, yea, they're gonna cut you out.

49 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Eleven years without any action, yea, they're gonna cut you out.

well i had a gmail account that wasnt used for about 6 years, that on the other hand still works