My first build

$2,600 USD

USA (Sadly enough)

Blender3D, Unreal Engine, Development Platforms

So I do intend to build a PC and I used a website to help me on this. Of course my current PC is just as good but doesn't really fit... My mood if I must say. I may cut corners and forfeit the warranty and salvage the GPU and possibly the CPU to save a thousand bucks but black is not my color. I am going for an arctic white setup. I am moving out of my parents here next year to my own place... Congrats to me. Hey-ho... 2 Bedroom, 1 room for... well... sleeping. The other to be used as a work space where I will reside most of the time. Most of everything will be white. Desk even if I have to spray paint, seal, and gloss it. Chair, peripherals and what not. I am a lover of Corsair and most parts will be in fact Corsair and other components of the PC. This is not a buy all at once type of deal. Since my PC specs are actually amazing on my prebuilt, for parts I went with things around its same area. I will provide a screenshot of the parts list below. Keeping to white as much as possible as well as in mind that it needs to be neat and have... well... uh... RGB. I am an RGB Junkie. 

Parts will include the following below...

• Intel Core I7-9700K Ghz 8-Core Processor (If my current I9-9900K cant be salvaged)
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler... Will most likely mount front or top. Will explain later.
  • ARCTIC MX4 20 g Thermal Paste. CPU cooler has pre applied but this is for extensive measures.
  • MSI MAG Z390 TOMAHAWK ATS LGA 1151 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory. May buy more to fill slots.
  • Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB Video Card (If my current MSI RTX 2080 TI Ventus cant work with the setup)
  • Corsair SPEC- Omega RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
  • Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80 + Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX power Supply
  • EVGA NU 24 Bit 192 kHz Sound Card
  • 6 Corsair Icue Ql120 RGB 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans. (Am aware I will most likely need a splitter. Trying to use as much air flow as possible

This concludes the parts at a total of $2528.40 USD.

I will be keeping my current monitor and what not since it runs at 144 Hz. I do plan to upgrade it in the future as well.

As said I am trying to keep to the current theme of white as much as possible and black as little. Any other color is forbidden. Thats what rainbow RGB is for. Of course this is my first rodeo and something I want to try and do. I plan to buy quite a bit of Zip Ties for cable management and use as much of the back as I can for cables. There isnt much more to say other than that. I would appreciate input or anything that may help me so I know ahead of time.

image.thumb.png.afd9c3f3c5781795074f2253a1b7319b.png

I am not a fan of dirty PC's, more fans means better pressure depends on how I do it, meaning, in and out it goes. Well... Most of it. 

260$ on Fans ?

100$ for a Windows OEM license ?

40$ on thermal paste ? Your cooler has it already preapplied

also get a SSD

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

you can checkout corsair website at corsair.com 

but i have a few picks 

keyboard: K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed

mouse: M55 RGB PRO Ambidextrous Multi-Grip Gaming Mouse — White

as for mouse pad there is nothing white but MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad — Extended

for case: corsair spec-06 or icue 465x or 275r

headset: virtuoso rgb white

key feature: icue rgb sync

do you need a chair too?

35 minutes ago, ARandomDude said:

I9-9900K

Why would you want to downgrade to a 9700k ?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Why 

I mean you won’t downgrade from a Porsche 911 to a Honda Civic just because you like the colour of the Honda more ( comparison a bit extreme)

Is this a new episode of the Verge building a PC ?

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

37 minutes ago, Drama Lama said:

Why would you want to downgrade to a 9700k ?

Didnt you read? If i cant salvage my current i9. I will have to. 

44 minutes ago, YourRandomForumGuy said:

you can checkout corsair website at corsair.com 

but i have a few picks 

keyboard: K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Speed

mouse: M55 RGB PRO Ambidextrous Multi-Grip Gaming Mouse — White

as for mouse pad there is nothing white but MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad — Extended

for case: corsair spec-06 or icue 465x or 275r

headset: virtuoso rgb white

key feature: icue rgb sync

do you need a chair too?

I like your taste. Ill take note.

1 minute ago, ARandomDude said:

Didnt you read? If i cant salvage my current i9. I will have to. 

So you want to keep you old PC right?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

53 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well that build is utterly attrocious and a collosal waste of money. If I weren't feeling in pain I'd spend time correcting it but alas my kidneys are too fucked ATM

Im still learning as it is and still planning so lay it on me. This probally wont be built in the next month. Might take a year or so

1 minute ago, Drama Lama said:

So you want to keep you old PC right?

Well no. Im salvaging components if it means cutting costs. Its the fact that if i am able to

Just now, ARandomDude said:

Well no. Im salvaging components if it means cutting costs. Its the fact that if i am able to

You can reuse your old CPU

Are you aware that the configuration would be a downgrade?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Fully aware but i cant afford to rdplace the i9 if anything happens to it "in the process" due to my first time. Things can happen. Yes i know how to handle a cpu as well. This list can change too. Any reccomendations or advice would be great. This most likely wont be done this year or half the next. As long as its white and frosty temps. Ill be a hlhappy camper but i do need the power.

4 hours ago, ARandomDude said:

Fully aware but i cant afford to rdplace the i9 if anything happens to it "in the process" due to my first time. Things can happen. Yes i know how to handle a cpu as well. This list can change too. Any reccomendations or advice would be great. This most likely wont be done this year or half the next. As long as its white and frosty temps. Ill be a hlhappy camper but i do need the power.

If you are careful the worst thing would be a damaged socket in the rare case of that happening you would need to replace the mainboard.

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

@ARandomDude please use the quote function when replying to others.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

21 hours ago, ARandomDude said:

<snipping is good>

Dont buy Windows.

Edited by SansVarnic

14 hours ago, redbrickwhale said:

Dont buy Windows.

Could you be a bit more elaborate? That is a blanket statement.

I can say the same about Android, iOS, Linux, and about every other OS out there. :| 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, SansVarnic said:

I can say the same about Android, iOS, Linux, and about every other OS out there. :| 

Thank you, I was a bit confused on this as well. I was looking more for recommendations on how to improve my list and make it efficient other than "This looks atrocious" or "This is all a waste of money *<More Insults>* Literally the reason why I made this is because I am new to PC building and am looking for recommendations for the list on improvements as long as I stay with the arctic theme. Not looking for dull replies or insults. 

Well I would say you should "Salvage" the CPU & GPU. Those would save you quite a bit of $ and both would be an upgrade to what you were planning on buying.  You also shouldn't need to buy 20g of thermal paste just for replacing the thermal compound that comes on the corsair cooler, I used less than 1g when replacing the compound that came on my H115i. So buy a smaller amount. 

As for Windows 10, you can get that much cheaper. I didn't really look around much, but I only paid $27.00 for a Win 10 Pro license a few weeks ago when I did my build. 

Fan wise, are you buying x6 fans so that you can have all the same fans throughout the entire case? Because the SPEC OMEGA case already comes with x2 SP120 fans, and the H110 coolers comes with it's own 2 fans. So you'd end up having 4 brand new fans off the bat that you won't be using. Which is fine, I get it. But I just wanted to be sure that was your plan. You're also going to need a fan controller like the Corsair Commander Pro. 

Folding Stats

CPU- Ryzen 9 3900x,  GPU- NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super , Case- Corsair 680X , RAM -Corsair Vengeance RGB (x2) 16GB 3200MHz

AIO- Corsair H115i Platinum RGB Cooler,  PSU-Corsair HX750i  , MOBO- MSI X570 MEG Unify  , And (x6) Corsair LL120 fans

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard, Logitech G700s mouse , Samsung Curved 65" 4K TV & (x2) 32" curved Samsung Monitors (currently sitting in their boxes as I've got nowhere to put them)

FAQ: 

1. Yes, I've got the 'beetus

2. No, I'm not fat. It's Type 1, not Type 2

3. Yes, I can in fact eat sugar and not die. That's what Insulin is for. 

1 hour ago, ARandomDude said:

Thank you, I was a bit confused on this as well. I was looking more for recommendations on how to improve my list and make it efficient other than "This looks atrocious" or "This is all a waste of money *<More Insults>* Literally the reason why I made this is because I am new to PC building and am looking for recommendations for the list on improvements as long as I stay with the arctic theme. Not looking for dull replies or insults. 

But get an SSD it makes your pc faster 

you can’t use a HDD as a boot drive. Not in the year 2020 and definitely not for a 2500$ PC

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Crazy expensive audio card and network adapter.  You're almost certainly better off just getting a motherboard with good audio and a 10GBe NIC installed instead of spending $200 on it.  If you really cared/knew about audio you'd want an external DAC.  That's really what baffles me most, the expensive, not good z390 motherboard with the expensive redundant add on cards.

But overall this build reeks of "more money than sense".    It's like just picking things because they're expensive and shiny 

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

1 hour ago, Mazdaspeeding said:

Crazy expensive audio card and network adapter.  You're almost certainly better off just getting a motherboard with good audio and a 10GBe NIC installed instead of spending $200 on it.  If you really cared/knew about audio you'd want an external DAC.  That's really what baffles me most, the expensive, not good z390 motherboard with the expensive redundant add on cards.

But overall this build reeks of "more money than sense".    It's like just picking things because they're expensive and shiny 

Thats why i came here for input and advice since i dont know much. This list will change over time. Im not building this all at once or in the same month

Don't buy parts for a build over time.  Save up and buy it all in one shot.  You gain nothing by buying piecemeal.

I also struggle with the fact that you claim to have a 9900k/2080ti but you want to "upgrade".  None of this makes any sense.  

ALL AMD ALL THE TIME: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3600 CL16 G.Skill RAM | Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master Motherboard | Powercolor RX 5700 XT Red Devil | 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVME Boot Drive | 1TB Samsung 860 QVO Game Drive | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic Black Case | Corsair RM750 Power Supply | Corsair H150i Pro 360mm Liquid Cooler | 7x Noctua NF-P12 120mm PWM Fans | Acer XV272U 27" 1440p 144hz IPS & VG270U 27" 1440p 75hz IPS | Logitech G610 Keyboard, Z625 2.1 Speakers, C920 Webcam | Glorious Gaming Model D Mouse | Focusrite Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface | Audio Technica AT2020 Condenser Microphone | Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro Headset | Kingston Cloud Revolver S Headset |Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

Main hoe turned side piece NAS/HTPC/f@h slampig: Intel i7 4790k under Corsair H105 | ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 | 32GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballastix | EVGA GTX 1070 SC | 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SATA drive | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | NZXT H440 | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro | 55" Samsung 4K QLED

Support Stack:  Cyberpower 1300VA UPS backup | Google Nest Wifi + Gigabit Fiber Internet | Raspberry Pi 3 pihole | 2x Unmanaged Netgear GS308 Switches

Pre-ordered and on it's way:  Ducky Mecha Mini v2 w/ Cherry Browns.  On the road to De-Logiteching my rig.  Keyboard/Mouse down.  Webcam/Speakers to go.

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

IMO it is more worth it to get a code from a reseller for cheaper or just use windows non activated.