Case Suggestion

Naabjenia

Good evening, everyone.

I have been looking for a new case for my 10 years old X58 ATX build, for a series of reasons, but the main ones being looks, silence, and refrigeration, as my current setup is ugly, noisy and not so cool, as it only supports two 120 mm fans.

I am looking for something that preferably does not look gamer-ish with RGB, but rather professional or discrete. Another requirement is that it should have intake fan filters.

With that in mind, while researching the subject a bit, I came across two interesting options: Corsair 600Q and Cooler Master Silencio S600.

However, I have seen that the Corsair 600Q, which is the one I liked the most, is no longer produced, and I could not find it anymore for sale. It was quite an appealing option for me because it already came with fans, it had a fan speed controller, it looked professional and it was made with sound dampening in mind.

The other option, the Cooler Master S600, also looks pretty nice (kind of a balance between professional and gamer, which is more than fine) and is made with sound dampening in mind. However, it seems that some reviews rate it as a "GPU cooker". That makes me think that I should buy additional Silencio FP120 PWM fans for it, which are kind of hard to find where I live.

With that in mind, could you please suggest me some case options? They don't need to be necessarily made with sound dampening material if you could recommend me fans that are good and silent. Another important aspect is that I live in Brazil, so it might be difficult to find products of some brands like Be Quiet. So, if you could stick to the most known brands (such as Corsair and CM), it would make things easier for me.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: My bad, I forgot to specify a budget! I'm looking for something that would cost a maximum of US$ 130.00 give or take!

6 minutes ago, Naabjenia said:

I am looking for something that preferably does not look gamer-ish with RGB, but rather professional or discrete. Another requirement is that it should have intake fan filters.

Check out the Fractal Define series. Can't beat that minimalist design.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

I think I have the best deal when it comes to access, cooling, and everything else.  It is the Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5t.  It has room for just about anything you might want to put in it including SSD, HDD, Optical drive and plenty of fans.  Came with two fans but plenty of room for more and it came with an RGB controller.  Check it out, I think you will be impressed.  And no, I do not work for Cooler Master.

Good Luck, take care, be safe, and have a good weekend.

http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/case/MasterCase-Series/MasterCase-Maker-5t.html

3 hours ago, HairlessMonkeyBoy said:

Check out the Fractal Define series. Can't beat that minimalist design.

Wow, some of their cases really do look excellent! However, they seem to pretty rare to find in Brazil and are also very expensive here. I edited my main post, as I forgot to specify a budget. Thank you for your input nonetheless!

3 hours ago, kb5zue said:

I think I have the best deal when it comes to access, cooling, and everything else.  It is the Cooler Master Mastercase Maker 5t.  It has room for just about anything you might want to put in it including SSD, HDD, Optical drive and plenty of fans.  Came with two fans but plenty of room for more and it came with an RGB controller.  Check it out, I think you will be impressed.  And no, I do not work for Cooler Master.

Good Luck, take care, be safe, and have a good weekend.

http://us.coolermaster.com/product/Detail/case/MasterCase-Series/MasterCase-Maker-5t.html

Definitely an interesting case, it seems to have a lot of room in it. However, it appears to be quite rare here in Brazil, and it is also quite expensive here. I edited my main post regarding this matter, as I forgot to specify a budget.

Anyway, I found another CM case, that seems to be the little brother of this one you suggested: Cooler Master Masterbox 5t. Is it any good? It is almost half the price of the Mastercase Maker 5t. Thank you too for your suggestion!

Yea, the Master Case Maker 5T has a LOT of room inside.  I really like all that space.  I have an NVMe drive, an SSD, two HDD, and two optical drives in mine and it still looks empty.  Oops, forgot the 1000watt power supply too.  Another thing I like are the added USB3 ports on the top front of the case along with the darkened glass panels on the sides.

Yea, that MasterBox 5t is a very nice looking case.  I like the way the SSD mounts in the top right corner, keeps it out of the way.  My SSS mounts on the backside of the backplate, behind the mobo.  I also like the way the front of the case is vented.  I put a pair of Noctua fans inside the front of my case to draw air in, the front has a filter on it and would guess the MasterBox has the front filters too.  Yea, a very nice case, for sure.

Good luck, take care and be safe.

I have found a Cooler Master K500 RGB case on discount, cheaper than the Masterbox 5t. Is it any good? It comes with three fans pre-installed (2 intake, 1 exhaust) and an RGB controller, which is important, since my motherboard (Intel DX58SO) does not have an RGB header.

It seems to be a good option, although it looks a bit too gamer-ish for my taste and it doesn't have a solid top panel, in case no fans are being used there. Should I get it or should I spend a little extra to get a CM Silencio S600?

7 minutes ago, Naabjenia said:

CM Silencio S600?

Doesn't seem to have much airflow

7 minutes ago, Naabjenia said:

it looks a bit too gamer-ish for my taste and it doesn't have a solid top panel,

Look for the mechify c or the s2 or the p300a/400a

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

16 minutes ago, redbrickwhale said:

Seems to have a lot of airflow, definitely an interesting suggestion and at an affordable price. I'd have to go with the ATX version of this case, though. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Doesn't seem to have much airflow

Look for the mechify c or the s2 or the p300a/400a

Damn, those Phantek cases look excellent! It's a damn shame I can't find them in Bra71l. 🤦‍♂️

Thank you too for your suggestion!

If I remember correctly, the CORSAIR 275Q is available in Brazil.  Standard ATX case that includes sound damping material and a PWM fan splitter.  Might work for what you are looking to accomplish.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

16 hours ago, Naabjenia said:

I have found a Cooler Master K500 RGB case on discount, cheaper than the Masterbox 5t. Is it any good? It comes with three fans pre-installed (2 intake, 1 exhaust) and an RGB controller, which is important, since my motherboard (Intel DX58SO) does not have an RGB header.

The K500 is good for airflow with the "fully mesh" vented cutout. The Masterbox MB511 RGB has a full vented front panel instead, but if that's not available the K500 would do just fine. 

The good thing about RGB is you don't have to plug it in ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

19 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

If I remember correctly, the CORSAIR 275Q is available in Brazil.  Standard ATX case that includes sound damping material and a PWM fan splitter.  Might work for what you are looking to accomplish.

Although rare, it is available and it seems to meet all the criteria! Definitely an interesting option. By the way, do you know if there is any chance of a re-release of the 400Q or 600Q? I fell in love with the 600Q as I set eyes on it! Thanks!

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The K500 is good for airflow with the "fully mesh" vented cutout. The Masterbox MB511 RGB has a full vented front panel instead, but if that's not available the K500 would do just fine. 

The good thing about RGB is you don't have to plug it in ;) 

That's good to know! Do you know by any chance what are the fans that are already pre-installed in it? I suppose they are Masterfan Pro Airflow, but I'm not sure. I'm asking because I would like to know if they're noisy in the default setup.

I have also come across the NZXT H510, which seemed to be interesting. Although I have read that the default setup (only 2 exhaust fans) is quite silent, is it any good regarding temperatures? I heard that case is supposed to work well with negative pressure.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Naabjenia said:

That's good to know! Do you know by any chance what are the fans that are already pre-installed in it? I suppose they are Masterfan Pro Airflow, but I'm not sure. I'm asking because I would like to know if they're noisy in the default setup.

I believe they're Masterfan Pro Airflow based on the fanblade design. 

image.png.91aee35a0e112b6ee41e69730de7c5a8.png

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-k500/#image-Item5

image.png.e71dc10cc286abeba5a82a78912ecd62.png

21 minutes ago, Naabjenia said:

I have also come across the NZXT H510, which seemed to be interesting. Although I have read that the default setup (only 2 exhaust fans) is quite silent, is it any good regarding temperatures? I heard that case is supposed to work well with negative pressure.

It works best in a negative setup for the GPU yes. It's airflow though is limited similarly to the S600, but not as much. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340

(Note that the H500 and H510 are basically the same case, just updated with USB-C)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

28 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I believe they're Masterfan Pro Airflow based on the fanblade design. 

image.png.91aee35a0e112b6ee41e69730de7c5a8.png

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/cases/mid-tower/masterbox-k500/#image-Item5

image.png.e71dc10cc286abeba5a82a78912ecd62.png

It works best in a negative setup for the GPU yes. It's airflow though is limited similarly to the S600, but not as much. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3309-nzxt-h500-case-review-thermals-noise-vs-s340

(Note that the H500 and H510 are basically the same case, just updated with USB-C)

The H510 seems to be quite a decent case for what I'm looking for. I worry a bit about its CPU temperatures though since I use a Xeon W3690 (which has a TDP of 130 W). Although I also use a Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU cooler, I don't think I would have any headroom for OC in that case (I currently run it at stock speeds).

Thanks for sharing this review, it was pretty thorough.

1 hour ago, Naabjenia said:

Although rare, it is available and it seems to meet all the criteria! Definitely an interesting option. By the way, do you know if there is any chance of a re-release of the 400Q or 600Q? I fell in love with the 600Q as I set eyes on it! Thanks!

It's not completely out of the question, but the likelyhood of both coming back into production is very slim.  275R/Q, 465X, and 678C are all current and fill in for those categories.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/