Laptop or Desktop?

So, my birthday is coming up. At the time of writing, I am currently using a shared computer (A320 DMS Motherboard, 16 GB Memory, 350 GB Boot Drive, 2 TB External HD, AMD Ryzen 2600 6 Core Processor, AMD RX 580 Graphics Card) and I want to upgrade to my own computer. So, I started going on amazon looking for a bang for the buck laptop, but then, I started seeing bad reviews for them. Are there any AMD only Processors and Graphics Card and Motherboards I should get that pack a lot of punch for the money? Thanks.  

Just now, V12Merlin66 said:

So, my birthday is coming up. At the time of writing, I am currently using a shared computer (A320 DMS Motherboard, 16 GB Memory, 350 GB Boot Drive, 2 TB External HD, AMD Ryzen 2600 6 Core Processor, AMD RX 580 Graphics Card) and I want to upgrade to my own computer. So, I started going on amazon looking for a bang for the buck laptop, but then, I started seeing bad reviews for them. Are there any AMD only Processors and Graphics Card and Motherboards I should get that pack a lot of punch for the money? Thanks.  

well whats your budget and could you give yourself a late birthday gift? As in a few months next gen tech is going to come out.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

27 minutes ago, V12Merlin66 said:

Budget? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Desktop or laptop...  you get a lot more grunt for the money and can upgrade a desktop, but they’re not portable.  Transportable at best.  Portability is nice but there are trade offs.  Fairly big ones..  The question I guess is how important would portability be in your situation?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you're asking about budget parts for a new rig for yourself, your previous system has some of the best value to price ratios out there. I am building a PC for a friend and I ended up with a similar system to your old one for $550 (Bought many used parts).

Laptops are a lot harder to get a strong performance from if you're on a budget.

If you're looking for an upgrade from your old PC I would suggest a b450 mobo, Ryzen 5 3600, something like an rtx 2060 or rx 5700, and 16gb of 3200mhz ram would still be fairly cost effective

If you dont have a need for a laptop go for  stationary PC .. More bang for the buck ... 

If something in a laptop dies  you are fu****.. EXPENSIVE  to fix .. And not all can be fixed

If PC dies .. well  buy new part and fix it...