Getting less fps after several brownouts

Ruckledge

Getting less fps after pc restarted several times due to brownouts in my locality.

Sometimes get 80 sometimes get in 70s in the exact same place nd with the same settings.

What is wrong with my pc??

Specs:

R5 3600

RTX 2060

16gb 3000mhz 

Mobo:Gigabyte b450 aorus elite

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2020_06.13_-_18_23_12_51.png

Red_Dead_Redemption_2_Screenshot_2020_06.13_-_19_38.48_38.png

Ddu GPU drivers, check temps. 

Did you have any other programs running in the background during the benchmark?

5 minutes ago, gloop said:

Ddu-ing gpu drivers didnt help

Getting less fps at the same temps

Before running the game i made sure to close other programs

This started recently after my pc restarted several times while playing games due to brownouts

3 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

Ddu-ing gpu drivers didnt help

Getting less fps at the same temps

Before running the game i made sure to close other programs

This started recently after my pc restarted several times while playing games due to brownouts

What are the RAM speeds? The cmos might have been cleared due to the brownouts. 

Double check your BIOS that your XMP/DOCP didnt get reset or any changes you made were reverted. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I see image differences in these two screenshots.

FPS can be lower or higher a little sometimes. Don't worry about it so much.

You may try underclock your GPU and check what happens. If FPS increase, your factory oc is bad.

15 minutes ago, gloop said:

14 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Double check your BIOS that your XMP/DOCP didnt get reset or any changes you made were reverted. 

14 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

You may try underclock your GPU and check what happens. If FPS increase, your factory oc is bad.

Before my MSI afterburner looked like this while gaming nd while being idle

20200611_220922.jpg

17 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

17 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

19 minutes ago, gloop said:

I reinstalled my drivers now it looks like this

First one is idle nd second one is while gaming 

Idle.png

While gaming.png

14 hours ago, gloop said:

Ram speeds are at 3000mhz

So what is the solution?for the cmos

14 hours ago, homeap5 said:

This started recently bro...before it is always the same.......Still I'll try underclocking the GPU nd get back to u

8 hours ago, homeap5 said:

I see no relation to any of advices we give you.

Noticed the changes in msi afterburner so thought of showing u guys😂

17 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Underclocking the GPU reduced fps bro...Now what???

17 hours ago, gloop said:

What is DDU?

7 minutes ago, 146268 said:

What is DDU?

Display Driver Uninstaller. It fully removes all GPU drivers for you to re-install them when you get a new GPU. 

3 minutes ago, gloop said:

Display Driver Uninstaller. It fully removes all GPU drivers for you to re-install them when you get a new GPU. 

Bro what should i do if the cmos have been cleared??? 

12 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

Bro what should i do if the cmos have been cleared??? 

Reinstall the GPU drivers, and turn on XMP in the bios. 

Just now, gloop said:

Reinstall the GPU drivers, and turn on XMP in the bios. 

Already did but it is a temporary fix

18 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

Already did but it is a temporary fix

No, bios setup is permanent.

And if underclock made your fps worse then it's good, you may revert to default.

If your motherboard resets cmos itself, change battery.

24 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

No, bios setup is permanent.

And if underclock made your fps worse then it's good, you may revert to default.

If your motherboard resets cmos itself, change battery.

So if the underclock decreased performance can i be sure that my gpu is not damaged??

My bios settings didnt change but if i just reset the cmos can it fix the issue?????

38 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

So if the underclock decreased performance can i be sure that my gpu is not damaged??

My bios settings didnt change but if i just reset the cmos can it fix the issue?????

1. Underclock was only a test. If decreases performance, then it works like it supposed to work.

2. If your BIOS settings didn't change, leave it as is. Resetting CMOS gives you nothing. Just check if you have XMP enabled.

And what about difference between these two images on first post? I see that there is more snow in front of that house.

My suggestion is - do not worry about small FPS differences. Back with real problem if you'll have huge FPS drops.

10 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

1. Underclock was only a test. If decreases performance, then it works like it supposed to work.

2. If your BIOS settings didn't change, leave it as is. Resetting CMOS gives you nothing. Just check if you have XMP enabled.

And what about difference between these two images on first post? I see that there is more snow in front of that house.

My suggestion is - do not worry about small FPS differences. Back with real problem if you'll have huge FPS drops.

Bro it happens for all the games not like for only this game.

Anyways thanks for ur advices!!

I use a UPS mainly for brownouts because components can go into a low power modes. 

To get them out of that mode you have to switch off the power supply not just the computer.

After big storms and hurricanes the quality of the power is not good where I live as well so a UPS is a must. 

For my gaming computer I use a APC 1500VA.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Just now, jones177 said:

I use a UPS mainly for brownouts because components can go into a low power modes. 

To get them out of that mode you have to switch off the power supply not just the computer.

After big storms and hurricanes the quality of the power is not good where I live as well so a UPS is a must. 

For my gaming computer I use a APC 1500VA.

The problem is i got an UPS for myself after i started facing this problem😢

34 minutes ago, Ruckledge said:

The problem is i got an UPS for myself after i started facing this problem😢

Test your components for damage.

For CPU I use Cinebench R15.  My CPUs can equil the online scores so I know they are ok.

For GPU I use Heaven. I am looking at how much power is used. If the card can reach the power limit set. and what mhz the card will run at.

I only know 2080 ti RTX cards but they are known to get stuck at 1350mhz and have to be RMAed. There may be something similar with the 2060.

All these are connected to the motherboard and 9 times out of 10 it is the motherboard that takes damage so testing on another system helps as well.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV