I suck at flying in BF4 please help :(

MrTickle
Go to solution Solved by b45op,

My suggestion is to hop onto the test range get in a chopper and fly, I use keyboard and mouse so I can't say if you might be better with a joystick (I wasn't) I do have a separate profile on my mouse for chopper flight where I set the sensitivity right down this is because I tend to overcompensate when flying.

Try swooping in between the buildings, hovering, strafing and all the maneuvers (do some crazy shit!) once you have them all down you should be a bit better in actual combat. also when not playing hardcore switch between 3rd and 1st person view, this allows you to get a better view on your surroundings. Keep an eye on your damage and feel free to get the heck out of there if you start getting hit!

Also dont always go for the Little Bird and attack chopper, the transport gives you great flight experience and if used properly can be a great spawn point for team mates and a beautiful gunning platform.

When it comes to jets well I have no idea, I am useless at using those, though some say mapping your spacebar to pull up is a good thing to do?!

I'm a cod-noob that converted to bf4 due to cod ghosts being a very very VERY bad game. I have about 80ish hours in bf4 and I would say that im getting fairly good with the game except for one thing.

I can't fly for shit :(

I have tried to go in empty servers and practice my flying but I didn't really improve. Basically I instantly get shot down and for some reason I cant really steady myself when im shooting in attack helicopter/jets. Any tips/suggestions for improving and actually be able to do something while flying.

(P.S) The community is very mean even if im in noob-friendly servers and I might go even far to say that it's worse than the Cod community  :ph34r: Please don't kill me

TL;DR Help me at flying in bf4 with tips and suggestions

Ever tried to use peripherals like an xbox controller?

Thought about that but it might be a pain switching back and forth from mouse and keyboard. Maybe i'l try it out but I want to learn how to fly using mouse and keyboard

Im a battlefield veteran but i still cant fly for shit.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

MrTickle, on 26 Feb 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

Thought about that but it might be a pain switching back and forth from mouse and keyboard. Maybe i'l try it out but I want to learn how to fly using mouse and keyboard

Im going to tell you right now, flying is fu*kin hard. Helicopters are kind easy, once you get the hang of them you need to learn how to aim. But jets are a lot harder IMO, or at least while dogfighting.

I sucked at flying in BF3, but BF4 I was good. All it takes is practice...

I can fly pretty well, if you need help or want to fly with me send me a msg.

Im a battlefield veteran but i still cant fly for shit.

"Veteran" 

I have the same problem, and I've played for more than 210 hours right now.

Just keep trying is what I can recommend.

test rang is your friend! i cant fly helicopters for shit but im a very good jet flyer 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I find that using an XB controller is a lot better when playing flight or racing games. Though BF4 isn't a flight based game and you don't want to use a controller I suggest you try and get the hang of helicopters first, it might be more tedious but it's a lot easier to shoot with it. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I played BF3 on the PS3 and am now playing BF4 on PC

On PS3 i couldn't fly, but now i am amazing at flying

Not sure how to help though 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I use the mouse for dog fighting, it's so much more precise than using the arrow keys to control with. But if I'm just flying around looking for trouble, then the Arrow keys are fine.

Some people bind space to pull up, because using the mouse to go up and down alot, it's pretty unrealiable sometimes (Since you have to lift and move your mouse down/up)

"Veteran" 

Hey now, dont be a chungus, ive got a bloody ton of hours clocked into the battlefield series with bf3 being the exception and i think around 3000 hours in the series would make a veteran, anyways i never was any good at flying, helicopters im fine but jets is very bad, i cant control jets if it would save my life but im decent with helis i would say.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hey now, dont be a chungus, ive got a bloody ton of hours clocked into the battlefield series with bf3 being the exception and i think around 3000 hours in the series would make a veteran, anyways i never was any good at flying, helicopters im fine but jets is very bad, i cant control jets if it would save my life but im decent with helis i would say.

"Veteran"

love you

"Veteran"

love you

*unlocks inner twat* 

you, me one vs one no scopes, mw2, rust

shit i sold that a long time ago. 

You win this round sunshine.

Listen if you care.

learn watch each contorl does.

learn physics.

learn to fly.

if cant, give up because your too stupid. Means you lack the required bain structure. 1+1=2. as fast did I know how ot fly. then someone pointed the speed and altitude indicator, then I was done. vertical turns are slower then horizontal. DONE...all I ever known, allowing to ahcieve anything any dumasss learns off by heart.

I flied like an expert beof the start without physics courses because I can learn by myself of a paper plane and applews falling in everyday life by hypothesis.  LOST TALE ... learning to learn evolved

I gave you the outright front truth. others will waste your time with manners and reocmmendations. I thouht a siastreous flier who couldnt even fly 2 seconds. how to beat 99.7% of people in air with jets

in 15 minutes

If your mad, too bad cant be honest with you without being rude. sucks for you.

oh that guy was Brazilian, not that any prejudice regarding performance applied.

the shitty internet did thoug..   the community is awesome. on high level servers with excommunied noobs.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Well i use WASD keys + arrow keys to fly , flying with my crap mouse isn't possible

4690k==H105==Z97 Sniper G1== Ballistix Tracer 8GB==MSI GTX 1660 Ti== 1TB SB==MX100 128GB ==450D

learn watch each contorl does.

learn physics.

learn to fly.

if cant, give up because your too stupid. Means you lack the required bain structure. 1+1=2. as fast did I know how ot fly. then someone pointed the speed and altitude indicator, then I was done. vertical turns are slower then horizontal. DONE...all I ever known, allowing to ahcieve anything any dumasss learns off by heart.

I flied like an expert beof the start without physics courses because I can learn by myself of a paper plane and applews falling in everyday life by hypothesis.  LOST TALE ... learning to learn evolved

I gave you the outright front truth. others will waste your time with manners and reocmmendations. I thouht a siastreous flier who couldnt even fly 2 seconds. how to beat 99.7% of people in air with jets

in 15 minutes

If your mad, too bad cant be honest with you without being rude. sucks for you.

oh that guy was Brazilian, not that any prejudice regarding performance applied.

the shitty internet did thoug..   the community is awesome. on high level servers with excommunied noobs.

Ummmm............................................ k?

I'm a cod-noob that converted to bf4 due to cod ghosts being a very very VERY bad game. I have about 80ish hours in bf4 and I would say that im getting fairly good with the game except for one thing.

I have tried to go in empty servers and practice my flying but I didn't really improve. Basically I instantly get shot down and for some reason I cant really steady myself when im shooting in attack helicopter/jets. Any tips/suggestions for improving and actually be able to do something while flying.

(P.S) The community is very mean even if im in noob-friendly servers and I might go even far to say that it's worse than the Cod community  :ph34r: Please don't kill me

gas is the right one, break middle, clutch on the left, if you dont live in the UK

, break is still middle

My suggestion is to hop onto the test range get in a chopper and fly, I use keyboard and mouse so I can't say if you might be better with a joystick (I wasn't) I do have a separate profile on my mouse for chopper flight where I set the sensitivity right down this is because I tend to overcompensate when flying.

Try swooping in between the buildings, hovering, strafing and all the maneuvers (do some crazy shit!) once you have them all down you should be a bit better in actual combat. also when not playing hardcore switch between 3rd and 1st person view, this allows you to get a better view on your surroundings. Keep an eye on your damage and feel free to get the heck out of there if you start getting hit!

Also dont always go for the Little Bird and attack chopper, the transport gives you great flight experience and if used properly can be a great spawn point for team mates and a beautiful gunning platform.

When it comes to jets well I have no idea, I am useless at using those, though some say mapping your spacebar to pull up is a good thing to do?!

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

One important thing to take notice of when flying jets is the ideal turning speed, in bf4 there are like several jets that act differently but I just go at the same ideal turning speed as in bf3: between 300-320 (~310)

practice that a lot in empty and/or full servers and when you have practiced enough you can basically fly at the ideal turning speed and still switch between 3rd and 1st person which gives you even more of an advantage.

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

One important thing to take notice of when flying jets is the ideal turning speed, in bf4 there are like several jets that act differently but I just go at the same ideal turning speed as in bf3: between 300-320 (~310)

practice that a lot in empty and/or full servers and when you have practiced enough you can basically fly at the ideal turning speed and still switch between 3rd and 1st person which gives you even more of an advantage.

Cheers man I will give that a go in the test range, I hate taking the jets on full servers because it feels like a waste. The jets are always deadly when I get shot at but the best I can do in them at the moment is a kamikaze run so anything will help haha.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Okay this might help also. I know this was answered but instead of using your mouse to go up and down/side to side use the arrow keys to turn and go up/down. I use them and am a beast at jets/heli's. Also am new to pc gaming by 1 1/2 months