Drawing selection boxes leave a blue mark?

Hi forums! So my computer has been running fine ever since I built it, but just tonight I've run into the weirdest issue. While I was working on restoring a friend's photo, I was going back and forth between talking with him and others on Telegram. I moved my mouse over several apps (I had to in order to get back to the program, obviously) and that particular app got highlighted. For some reason, I thought I had clicked it even though I didn't. Apps don't stay highlighted if you simply hover over them. Of course, I had to un-highlight it or else it would bother me, but clicking on the desktop didn't make it go away. In fact, something was wrong with this highlight box. Instead of being a transparent field, it was pitch blue. (Specifically #1E4C8C) I thought it was weird, so I tried clicking on another icon. The icon got highlighted in blue as well! Every app I hovered my mouse over turned blue and there was no way to make it go away! I tried refreshing the desktop, but that ended up turning my entire background into that same color! I no longer have a background on this specific monitor, (monitor 2), and it is simply just a blue background with parts of my original desktop wallpaper showing. This problem occurs on both monitors, and sometimes only works on one. I tried restarting explorer.exe, and it seemed fine for a few seconds, but the problem came back again. I tried restarting the computer, and the problem is back again. One thing I noticed is that drawing a selection field (y'know, that rectangular box you can draw out when you want to select multiple files at once) seems to literally draw the color onto my screen as if my desktop had been turned into the same program I was using to restore my friend's photo. Once the background had completely turned blue, any highlighted apps would show the original desktop in the same manner that it did with the blue color, and using the selection field would seemingly erase the blue color and show the desktop again. I thought I got hacked somehow or that there was some sort of virus deleting files from system32, (since odd things like this have appeared to happen in videos where YouTubers would delete the folder on a virtual machine) so I quickly checked inside of the folder, and it seemed fine. All functionality is also still there besides this odd bug, and videos play fine at any resolution. I scanned my computer with Malwarebytes, and it only found a PUP, so I let Malwarebytes uninstall it because I had only used it once and decided I didn't need it after all. I'm not really sure why exactly this is happening, nor do I know how to fix this, so please let me know what I can do to make the problem go away. Here are some screenshots of this specific monitor as an example:

backgroundissue.png

Reinstall graphics drivers?

What specs?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

15 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Reinstall graphics drivers?

What specs?

You can view my specs on my profile. This site has an option for you to give a complete list of specs, and I've just updated them. This problem isn't actually occurring at the moment, but I do remember having some sort of issue similar to this on my old computer back before the hard drive crashed. I left the computer on for too long, and whenever I clicked something, it would spiral up all of whatever was above it, and that made it difficult to click anything. I thought I had a really bad virus, (this was a long time ago) so my mom took it to a PC repair shop, and they cleaned it, but that didn't fix the problem. I found out that the reason the problem was happening was because I had left it on for too long, so I started shutting it down and the problem went away.

• 1 year later...

I'm having this same problem on my computer, it's the weirdest thing. It's been happening for about a week now, and i'm not much of a tech person so i have no clue what to do about it.