Recommended PSU

1apotheosis1

I'm planning to buy Amd ryzen 3200g and b450 motherboard, how much watts do I need for this setup

Other factors involved. What gpu do you have? Are you going to be using the integrated graphics?

If you don't plan to upgrade, 450 watts should be enough. If you do, buy a psu with around 500-600 watts.

FYI stock levels are awful so it's been difficult to find the right parts across most major retailers (Amazon, CC, Newegg, etc) - unless you plan on throwing in a ton of additional drives @Var_is right. 

AMD 5800x | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | 980 PRO & 970 EVO  | Trident Z Royal 32GB DDR3600  | Nvidia 4080 FE  | Corsair H100i Pro | Lian-Li 011 XL ROG | Corsair RM850x |

For now I may use Intergrated Graphics, then slowly upgrading my cpu 1x1

so 500-600. Thanks man

!

49 minutes ago, 1apotheosis1 said:

Cx 450 is a great PSU if you want 

Look for the straight power 400 as well 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

6 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Cx 450 is a great PSU if you want 

Look for the straight power 400 as well 

Can it withstand if I add GPU and upgrade my processors later on? //sorry this is my  first time building a PC rig

1 minute ago, 1apotheosis1 said:

Can it withstand if I add GPU and upgrade my processors later on? //sorry this is my  first time building a PC rig

Depends 

Anything over a 2060 for the cx450 is a little tight 

But anything under that should work just fine 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

7 hours ago, 1apotheosis1 said:

I'm planning to buy Amd ryzen 3200g and b450 motherboard, how much watts do I need for this setup

6 hours ago, 1apotheosis1 said:

For now I may use Intergrated Graphics, then slowly upgrading my cpu 1x1

so 500-600. Thanks man

!

A good 500w to 750w 80+ certified power supply should work, get more watts if you want to have more upgrade flexibility for adding a graphics card/s, more drives, different CPU, etc. 

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

12 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

A good 500w to 750w 80+ certified power supply should work, get more watts if you want to have more upgrade flexibility for adding a graphics card/s, more drives, different CPU, etc. 

if I change my cpu to ryzen 7 , the 500-600w can work on it?

On 6/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, 1apotheosis1 said:

if you use the ryzen 7, you're going to have to get an external graphics card (Anything above a RTX 2060s or 5700XT) as it doesn't come with integrated graphics, and anything below that range will cause a bottleneck. Also if you plan to overclock, you'll need more headroom too. In that case, you would need a 80+ certified 750 watt power supply.

1 minute ago, Var_ said:

and anything below that range will cause a bottleneck

What ? 

That's incorrect

Build Log: 

On 6/12/2020 at 9:07 PM, 1apotheosis1 said:

This would depend on what Ryzen 7 CPU you are planning to upgrade to (ex. Ryzen 7 3700X) and the power consumption of that model of Ryzen 7 chip, also depends on the rest of your hardware configuration (ex. hard drives, graphics cards, etc). The 3200G is a 65 watt processor, a Ryzen 7 3700X is a 65 watt processor, a Ryzen 7 3800X is a 105 watt processor, etc.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch