compatibility

does anyone know the difference between a LGA1151 and a LG1151.

I am asking because i am trying to get a motherboard that is compatible with the I5 9600KF.

Thanks

1 minute ago, nuclear_toby said:

I am asking because i am trying to get a motherboard that is compatible with the I5 9600KF.

Thanks

LG1151 doesn't exist, it's probably a typo.

If you want a motherboard compatible with the 9600KF, you need a 300-series motherboard. If you want to be able to overclock though, you need a Z390 or Z370 specifically.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, nuclear_toby said:

Thanks

I’m honestly not sure if LG1151 exists.  LGA1151 is the socket compatible with the i5 9600KF, and perhaps LG1151 was a typo you read somewhere unless I’m wrong which I could be.

Won’t visit often..

4 minutes ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

I’m honestly not sure if LG1151 exists.  LGA1151 is the socket compatible with the i5 9600KF, and perhaps LG1151 was a typo you read somewhere unless I’m wrong which I could be.

Keep in mind there is LGA1151-v1 and LGA1151-v2 with the v1 not being compatible with the 8000 or 9000 series CPUs. Definitely agree that there is no LG1151 though.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 minutes ago, nuclear_toby said:

Thanks

If you haven't bought anything, move to a Ryzen 5 3600 or i5 10600K. The 9600K makes no sense.