Logitech g915 alternatives

Alesek

Hello,

I am looking for a new gaming keyboard and G915 ticks all the boxes, but the pricing is insane. Are there any alternatives?

The keyboard should be:

Low profile, mechanical, two wireless modes so I can switch between work laptop and my desktop, mac mode is a plus.

G915 would really be perfect, especially when my mouse is G Pro Wireless, but the damn price....

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Corsair K63 is a great Option, but not low-profile, although much cheaper. I have it myself and i'm happy with it. It can switch between Bluetooth and the 2.4Ghz dongle on the fly.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

32 minutes ago, Alesek said:

Hello,

I am looking for a new gaming keyboard and G915 ticks all the boxes, but the pricing is insane. Are there any alternatives?

The keyboard should be:

Low profile, mechanical, two wireless modes so I can switch between work laptop and my desktop, mac mode is a plus.

G915 would really be perfect, especially when my mouse is G Pro Wireless, but the damn price....

unfortunately, there's no real alternative that thick all of the same boxes - that's the reason Logitech can charge that kind of price on their product (it isn't even that  good to be honest, the keys is a bit wobbly and low profile keycaps can be difficult to type on)

the closest thing you can get your hands on is probably Cooler Master SK651 but you will have to sacrifice the Lightspeed funtionality and so only have BT to work with (it's also a lot thicker than G915)

the other option however, is to try import the G915 in other language - some of the model are way, way cheaper than the English only G915. I got mine for just about 150 buck for G913 which is basically G915 with a dual language key caps

7 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Corsair K63 is a great Option, but not low-profile, although much cheaper. I have it myself and i'm happy with it. It can switch between Bluetooth and the 2.4Ghz dongle on the fly.

I really want low profile though. I actually find typing on the Apple's magic keyboard more comfortable than on mechanical keyboards because of the height. Otherwise the K63 looks really good

6 hours ago, e22big said:

unfortunately, there's no real alternative that thick all of the same boxes - that's the reason Logitech can charge that kind of price on their product (it isn't even that  good to be honest, the keys is a bit wobbly and low profile keycaps can be difficult to type on)

the closest thing you can get your hands on is probably Cooler Master SK651 but you will have to sacrifice the Lightspeed funtionality and so only have BT to work with (it's also a lot thicker than G915)

the other option however, is to try import the G915 in other language - some of the model are way, way cheaper than the English only G915. I got mine for just about 150 buck for G913 which is basically G915 with a dual language key caps

That's a good idea, I'll look around. Thanks

4 hours ago, seon123 said:

Keychron K1? It only has Bluetooth, but can connect to 3 devices

Somehow I don't trust Bluetooth keyboards for gaming 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

5 hours ago, Alesek said:

I really want low profile though. I actually find typing on the Apple's magic keyboard more comfortable than on mechanical keyboards because of the height. Otherwise the K63 looks really good

That's a good idea, I'll look around. Thanks

Somehow I don't trust Bluetooth keyboards for gaming 

keep in mind though, that although G915 is perhaps the lowest profile mechanical keyboard, it's still nothing compare to a laptop keyboard with a scissor switch

I decided to buy one because of the same reason and I found my typing experience to be mostly the same as most mechanical keyboard - the only benefit I get from its low profile-ness is that I the keyboard becomes a lot more portable (important as I planned to carry it to work on commute) and I can use the desk as a rest instead of having to carry a seperated accessory.

If you're looking for a light, laptop-like experience you won't find it on this keyboard - at least on on the brown tactile switches, may be you will have a better luck with the red linear one