Help on first build

Hi, I'm new to the forum and trying to get some people's opinions on my current build. I'm looking for a mainstream - high-end pc that will last me a long time. Any improvements and suggestions are highly appreciated, thanks in advance! :D

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ZXTV

if I were you, if I wanted it to last a long time I would get saving for a 780 instead of a 760 :)

4770k | GTX 780 | 350D | 16GB RAM | 120GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 750w PSU | Kraken x60 | Custom Sleeved Cables | ASUS PB287Q

Build Log 

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about it but want it to be fairly cheap so I can get it quicker (on a pretty low wage). How is it?

CPU:  Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£161.99 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard:  MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£105.44 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Memory:  Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£57.47 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card  (£369.95 @ Ebuyer) 

Power Supply:  Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.98 @ CCL Computers) 

Optical Drive:  Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer  (£11.83 @ CCL Computers) 

Total: £942.56

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 21:11 GMT+0000)

Forget that case and go for a different motherboard to in turn get a GTX 780.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

@TheSLSAMG - Thanks for the reply, I'd rather do dual sli with a better mobo due to the upgradeability of the computer.

I forgot to mention, one thing I don't want to change is the case. Mainly because it huge and good for a first build and also because it looks awesome.

@TheSLSAMG - Thanks for the reply, I'd rather do dual sli with a better mobo due to the upgradeability of the computer.

I forgot to mention, one thing I don't want to change is the case. Mainly because it huge and good for a first build and also because it looks awesome.

SLI isn't recommended as it doesn't scale perfectly or sometimes not at all. Single card solutions are always preferred really.

@harrynowl - thanks for the reply. Just looked up some benchmarks from the 780 and it's a pretty big improvement from the 660. However, money is a pretty big factor because I want to build this asap (I'm on minimum wage :/). Is it really worth waiting (at least 6 months, maybe more) for it?

SLI doesn't always work as flawlessly as you think. Also that case is not worth it. Try the h440 red and black version.

The MOBO SLS posted is perfectly fine with sli even though sli isn't the best thing in da world. That motherboard is only if you want OC lots...and this is your first build.