corsair psu

HardStroke

difference betwee:

Corsair RM750x 750W PSU 80+ Gold Fully Modular

and

Corsair RM750 750W PSU 80+ Gold Fully Modular

what is the difference?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

The RM750x is better internally than the latest RM750 AFAIK. If the price difference isn't too big, I'd get the 'x' one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

According to Vendetta_86 on reddit:

Corsair's new RM (without the "x") line consists of three members with capacities ranging from 650W to 850W. All of them are more affordable versions of the corresponding RMx models, which is expected to be updated in the near future to be fully compatible with the latest ATX specification.

The RM units mostly use Chinese Elite caps, which are of decent quality, instead of the superior Japanese Nichicon and Chemi Cons and employ Hong Hua rifle bearing fans instead of Corsair's more-powerful NR135L. These changes might not be welcome by PSU enthusiasts, but the fact is that they don't seem to affect the product's lifetime since Corsair provides exactly the same warranty period (ten-years), in both RM and RMx units.

Two new features of the RM units, which are not present in the RMx 2018 line, are the increased efficiency under very light loads (2% of the max-rated-output) and support for Windows 10’s new Modern Standby mode that enhances boot speed and connectivity for your PC. The S3 sleep state usually takes anywhere from 7-15 seconds to turn on depending on your PC's configuration, while the Modern Standby function promises to bring that to reliably under five seconds.

Finally, the RM units don't use cables with in-line caps, as the RMx do, which might help in cable management since the cables are less rigid, but the ripple suppression is not up to the excellent levels of the RMx units (still it is quite good though).

All RM models come with two EPS connectors, so they are fully capable to power high-end mainboards with increased power needs.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

The RMx has Japanese caps and a better fan

The RM has Chinese Elite caps and a slightly worse fan.

The RMx released in 2018, the RM in 2019

Both are good PSUs, but if they are the same price or within 25 shekels I'd get the RMx

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

48 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

According to Vendetta_86 on reddit:

Corsair's new RM (without the "x") line consists of three members with capacities ranging from 650W to 850W. All of them are more affordable versions of the corresponding RMx models, which is expected to be updated in the near future to be fully compatible with the latest ATX specification.

The RM units mostly use Chinese Elite caps, which are of decent quality, instead of the superior Japanese Nichicon and Chemi Cons and employ Hong Hua rifle bearing fans instead of Corsair's more-powerful NR135L. These changes might not be welcome by PSU enthusiasts, but the fact is that they don't seem to affect the product's lifetime since Corsair provides exactly the same warranty period (ten-years), in both RM and RMx units.

Two new features of the RM units, which are not present in the RMx 2018 line, are the increased efficiency under very light loads (2% of the max-rated-output) and support for Windows 10’s new Modern Standby mode that enhances boot speed and connectivity for your PC. The S3 sleep state usually takes anywhere from 7-15 seconds to turn on depending on your PC's configuration, while the Modern Standby function promises to bring that to reliably under five seconds.

Finally, the RM units don't use cables with in-line caps, as the RMx do, which might help in cable management since the cables are less rigid, but the ripple suppression is not up to the excellent levels of the RMx units (still it is quite good though).

All RM models come with two EPS connectors, so they are fully capable to power high-end mainboards with increased power needs.

48 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

The RMx has Japanese caps and a better fan

The RM has Chinese Elite caps and a slightly worse fan.

The RMx released in 2018, the RM in 2019

Both are good PSUs, but if they are the same price or within 25 shekels I'd get the RMx

Thanks guys but i saw that they only have a single 8 pin cpu power plug so cant use them with a 10900k and a rog maximus mb

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

51 minutes ago, MrBrightSyde said:

64 shekels ;)

2 hours ago, HardStroke said:

Thanks guys but i saw that they only have a single 8 pin cpu power plug so cant use them with a 10900k and a rog maximus mb

Uh, you've been misinformed. You only need a single 8 pin for most overclocking.

The extra +4 (or even +8 on ultra-high-end boards) is for extreme overclocking (aka LN2) and can be safely ignored.

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

The RMx is a great PSU, it's actually one that we like to recommend a lot. If the cost difference isn't much, go with the RMx if you can.