Just an FYI: 7 Days to Die is getting the Smooth Terrain, Cooking, and Stealth update soon.

Here is the post on their website.

This is a pretty big update in that I know people who weren't interested so long as it looked like Minecraft. It's basically still Minecraft with Zombie tower Defense, but now without the Voxel based layout AFAICT.

Basically, they are trying to get the update out before February is over, but it is coming soon. 

Just thought it was cool and some people would be interested in this info who aren't following it.

Things being added in this update:
Smooth Terrain (also redecorated with objects)

New Cooking/Chemistry system
New Lighting system
New Stealth System (Distract zombies with rocks and such)

More in their post above.

Alpha_7_Preview_05.jpgAlpha_7_Preview_06.jpgAlpha_7_Preview_08.jpgAlpha_7_Preview_07.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

is this game fun? ive been playing alot of Dayz standalone and Project zomboid lately.. not sure if i should get this.

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

is this game fun? ive been playing alot of Dayz standalone and Project zomboid lately.. not sure if i should get this.

If you like Minecraft and want to play that with friends but with Zombies, then yes. 

If you don't like Minecraft, it's probably not your type of game. It's basically Minecraft, with Zombies. 

Here is their update on pricing for Beta and on Steam:

Howdy Survivalist,

The past few months we have received hundreds of comments from customers suggesting that our early access Alpha pricing is too high and not aligned with other early access products.

Our original pricing for Steam was set to be aligned with our Kickstarter Alpha access pledge folks who paid $35. Since Kickstarter, much time has passed and the pricing requests continue to pour in.

That said we feel the best thing for the customers and the future of “7 Days to Die” is to listen the people and lower the price.

Effective through Beta our new single unit Alpha price is $24.99 and our Alpha 2 pack is $39.99! These prices will stay effective until Beta. We thank all of you who have supported our product so far and will strive to make it the best damn zombie game we can!

We’re also working hard on Alpha 7 which is on target to be out before the end of February. Smooth Terrain, Stealth and Cooking are confirmed features as well as a bunch of smaller fixes, improvements and features including new death options.

You Stay Cool,

The Fun Pimps

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I knowwwwww!!!!! Cant wait :333

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Funny, how different zombie games have really good unique features, but when you expect a game to have the lot, and work well ( for example over-hyped warz ) you are left dissapointed.

But wait isn't Rust minecraft with zombies? And Minecraft already has zombies too!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

But wait isn't Rust minecraft with zombies? And Minecraft already has zombies too!

Way to word play, It's Minecraft with a much stronger focus on Zombies. Like, a Day Z level focus. 

I know nothing of Rust.

Funny, how different zombie games have really good unique features, but when you expect a game to have the lot, and work well ( for example over-hyped warz ) you are left dissapointed.

Yeah. Apparently balancing/combining all the best features makes things worse.

† Christian Member †

This game was incredibly entertaining for about... 3 weeks. Once I'd created all I could, I lost interest quickly. Honestly though, considering how little I paid for it, it was completely worth it. Not to mention, it's still in alpha. There's a ton of new features that'll be dropped before the game is done. If you crank up the difficulty on the zombies, you'll have your hands full for weeks on end before you manage to get a solid safe-house built. I went with a gravity moat option, and now I have little challenge left in the game.