RTX 3080 Rumors?

Amer

Are the rumors true about the 3080? Apparently it'll run 40% better for the same price of the 2080 ti now. I'm building a PC soon and kinda want a 2080 ti but obviously a 3080 would be cooler xd

Cheese

2 minutes ago, Amer said:

Are the rumors true about the 3080? Apparently it'll run 40% better for the same price of the 2080 ti now. I'm building a PC soon and kinda want a 2080 ti but obviously a 3080 would be cooler xd

By their nature, rumors can't be true otherwise they would be facts. 

If you have a good GPU now I would wait for the 3000 series but apparently that ain't coming any time soon, according to rumors in november or later. 

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

How would anyone on this forum be able to confirm a rumor of this kind? These GPUs are so far out, at least we have to wait unt september for retail release.

9 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

A rumor is just an unconfirmed story. It can be potentially true. Right now there are rumors about the third gen ryzen refresh and fourth gen APUs, those might be true.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, Amer said:

Are the rumors true about the 3080? Apparently it'll run 40% better for the same price of the 2080 ti

A rumor can mean almost nothing 

Heck remember when there was speculation about Intel going 10nm lol

About the performance bump it's more of a theory than a rumor 

Theoretically nvidea should be going 7nm or potentially 5nm for ampere 

And we know how that can help performance significantly

So these are rumors (about performance ) that are based off of another experience ( another company moving to 7nm finfat)

It could be true it could be false no one knows 

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

How would anyone on this forum be able to confirm a rumor of this kind? These GPUs are so far out, at least we have to wait unt september for retail release.

A rumor is just an unconfirmed story. It can be potentially true. Right now there are rumors about the third gen ryzen refresh and fourth gen APUs, those might be true.

It's semantics at that point. Potentially true is not true. (nor is it false) that's why we have the word rumor. 

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

A rumor can mean almost nothing 

Heck remember when there was speculation about Intel going 10nm lol

About the performance bump it's more of a theory than a rumor 

Theoretically nvidea should be going 7nm or potentially 5nm for ampere 

And we know how that can help performance significantly

So these are rumors (about performance ) that are based off of another experience ( another company moving to 7nm finfat)

It could be true it could be false no one knows 

Intel are going 10nm at 8th gen right? Right?!

"40% better" is also vauge. Better in what? Just because it's 40% faster in NVENC or AI doesn't mean it'll be 40% better in IDK Yooka Laylee. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Just now, Lord Vile said:

Intel are going 10nm at 8th gen right? Right?!

Oh yes totally 🤣

1 minute ago, Lord Vile said:

40% better" is also vauge.

One or the bits of Branding that I hate is "up to 40% better " such a vague statement

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

14 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Oh yes totally 🤣

One or the bits of Branding that I hate is "up to 40% better " such a vague statement

Can run pong at 140000000 frames now not just 100000000

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

always upvote "Facts"

sorry...im mostly just a Reddit user lol

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

A couple of things 

Get a 3900x 

And you most like to won't need a 2080ti

Lmao what's wrong with the 10900k?

Cheese

Just now, Amer said:

Lmao what's wrong with the 10900k?

Runs hot 

Ipc is not impressive 

Power consumption is shit 

The platform is shit 

3900x is cheaper better ipc has more cores and threads runs way cooler and way more efficient has dmi 4.0 

The platform is alot better 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Runs hot 

Ipc is not impressive 

Power consumption is shit 

The platform is shit 

3900x is cheaper better ipc has more cores and threads runs way cooler and way more efficient has dmi 4.0 

The platform is alot better 

I will give it some thought. I never really liked AMD because in the 4th generation of intel AMD was known to be inefficient and not long lasting

Cheese

6 minutes ago, Amer said:

I will give it some thought. I never really liked AMD because in the 4th generation of intel AMD was known to be inefficient and not long lasting

they have improved massively since then.

Just because they weren't great compared to intel back then doesn't make them bad now. The 3900x is a overall better option to the 10900k

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

Just now, Ed-petit said:

they have improved massively since then.

Just because they weren't great compared to intel back then doesn't make them bad now. The 3900x is a overall better option to the 10900k

Also I will add haswell is 6 years old today🤣 

Not a good comparison

Build Log: 

6 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Also I will add haswell is 6 years old today🤣 

Not a good comparison

oml 😂

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

14 minutes ago, Amer said:

Spoiler

4th generation of intel

They are much better now.

Also Dominator ram is overpriced.

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

OP the build you posted is horrible value. Is this a workstation machine that you're trying to build or a gaming PC?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

no one cares how much better the new card is without its price tag

even the same price, 2080 was still overpriced by rtx tax

1 minute ago, dfsgsfa said:

2080 was still overpriced by rtx tax

2080 ? 

what about it ? no one mentioned it lol

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, 732 said:

Reveal hidden contents

4th generation of intel

They are much better now.

Also Dominator ram is overpriced.

I have Dom RAM mainly cos it will work with literally every Ryzen board. 

On 6/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

OP the build you posted is horrible value. Is this a workstation machine that you're trying to build or a gaming PC?

Both

Cheese