Recommend me a phone

The Torrent

Also i cant find camera comparisons between the 9T/K20 and samsung m30 im assuming k20 is better am i correct?

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Do you buy a phone just to feel good about it, or do you buy it to use the damn thing?

Because if its the former, you will NEVER get what you want.

1. The successor is the K30. And the international model is called the Poco X2. Already released.

2. It is not on Amazon UK yet. Does not appear to have reacked the UK yet. When will it be available? IDFK. How much will it be sold for in the UK? IDFK.

What I do know is that it uses the same chipset as the K20/Mi 9T. The battery is a bit larger. It has a cutout for 2 front cameras, and it has a 120Hz IPS screen (no OLED)

Expect it to be about £350. Is it worth? No. Because you wanted an uninterrupted OLED screen.

Wait for a phone? Never wait. Or you might as well wait forever.

what about price? was launch price higher than current price for the k20?

I think that'll be the one none the less now anyway lol.

45 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

i cant get a k20 in the uk from a 'legit' source tho aka one which will honor warranty.

there are some shops like on ebay but they cant promise they will honor any warranty past the 30 day ebay refund guarantee and they are from hong kong so that means 1month+ shipping.

@huilun02 gave you an amazon link. Im not very familiar with amazon's buyer programme, but dont they offer any kind of warranty?

The m30s isn't worth the price. The performance and cameras aren't that good for the price(assuming it's around £250).

Just now, EL02 said:

@huilun02 gave you an amazon link. Im not very familiar with amazon's buyer programme, but dont they offer any kind of warranty?

The m30s isn't worth the price. The performance and cameras aren't that good for the price(assuming it's around £250).

yea i found out the 9t is the same thing i didnt know. really liking it rn. kinda unhappy the price on it hasn't changed in the year its been out but you cant have it all i guess

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Clearly higher. A 1-generation span will not make the older product obsolete. You will be paying for the improvements.

Sorry i dont understand this.

I mean when k20 launched, did it cost more than the £275 or whatever it does cost now?

Just now, The Torrent said:

Sorry i dont understand this.

I mean when k20 launched, did it cost more than the £275 or whatever it does cost now?

The prices change from country to country. The uk usually has higher prices than normal. We cant know for sure.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

The prices change from country to country. The uk usually has higher prices than normal. We cant know for sure.

blame brexit haha lol.

Think this is it might watch some reviews and go for it. Thanks guys!

Just now, The Torrent said:

blame brexit haha lol.

Think this is it might watch some reviews and go for it. Thanks guys!

And coronavirus. But yeah, after a google search, i found out it was priced higher than now(£320 or something).

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The Pro versions use flagship chipsets and are not even in the same price bracket

According to youtube the Pro variant should have cost basically the same 360usd aka 10 quid more if it wasn't for the failling economy.

Damn if only i wished to upgrade 1 year ago. I think thats the end of my search now. Thanks for all the help guys.

56 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Do you buy a phone just to feel good about it, or do you buy it to use the damn thing?

Because if its the former, you will NEVER get what you want.

1. The successor is the K30. And the international model is called the Poco X2. Already released.

2. It is not on Amazon UK yet. Does not appear to have reacked the UK yet. When will it be available? IDFK. How much will it be sold for in the UK? IDFK.

What I do know is that it uses the same chipset as the K20/Mi 9T. The battery is a bit larger. It has a cutout for 2 front cameras, and it has a 120Hz IPS screen (no OLED)

Expect it to be about £350. Is it worth? No. Because you wanted an uninterrupted OLED screen.

Wait for a phone? Never wait. Or you might as well wait forever.

wait im so confused.

You said " It has a cutout for 2 front cameras, and it has a 120Hz IPS screen (no OLED)" but i just googled it and this:

image.png.1fc7fae67befb0f147e37b1e78f00748.png

and daaaamn this thing is hott

ima try and look away though cuz ideally i wanna spend less as posible tho lol.

But seriously this looks better than the oneplus 8

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

wait im so confused.

You said " It has a cutout for 2 front cameras, and it has a 120Hz IPS screen (no OLED)" but i just googled it and this:

image.png.1fc7fae67befb0f147e37b1e78f00748.png

and daaaamn this thing is hott

ima try and look away though cuz ideally i wanna spend less as posible tho lol.

But seriously this looks better than the oneplus 8

The regular k30 has a ips screen, not the pro model.

2 minutes ago, EL02 said:

The regular k30 has a ips screen, not the pro model.

ahh thanks.

£400 from gear best. Compared to the basically £275 for the year old k20 non pro.

What do you think?

13 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

ahh thanks.

£400 from gear best. Compared to the basically £275 for the year old k20 non pro.

What do you think?

Which one the pro or regular version?

22 minutes ago, EL02 said:

400 for the k30 pro yea

275 is the k20 NON pro.

23 minutes ago, EL02 said:

actually i found a 10percent off coupon for the app so its 360? that dont seem right.

assuming that coupon doesnt work as that seems to cheap they have 20 dollar off for new customers (which is me!) so basically its 385ish

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

400 for the k30 pro yea

275 is the k20 NON pro.

Now you brought up the chinese online shopping websites. You gotta look at the store's rating, the reviews and get over the fact that you wont get any warranty.

Hmmm...it is a very good deal for that price, but considering you were settled on those samsung phones, which are slower and have overall inferior specs, i dont think you are gonna make the most out of the k30 pro.

Just make up your mind. If you want an improved camera array, full screen design and most importantly the sd865(meaning it will last longer), then yeah go for it, although you can also look for the k20 pro, which should be enough.

Also dont forget you have to pay shipping fees and import tax.

8 minutes ago, EL02 said:

Now you brought up the chinese online shopping websites. You gotta look at the store's rating, the reviews and get over the fact that you wont get any warranty.

Hmmm...it is a very good deal for that price, but considering you were settled on those samsung phones, which are slower and have overall inferior specs, i dont think you are gonna make the most out of the k30 pro.

Just make up your mind. If you want an improved camera array, full screen design and most importantly the sd865(meaning it will last longer), then yeah go for it, although you can also look for the k20 pro, which should be enough.

Also dont forget you have to pay shipping fees and import tax.

chineese sites bought it down to about £240 so £100 its seeming for the upgrade and the main reason i prefer the k30 is literally just the 865. Ill have to think about it but either way it will be one of these two.