snail like boot times

HairyPotter

i recently got this new PC with the nvme ssd : cosair mp510 480gb and it takes a long time to boot into windows, i have the latest drivers and everything, any help? the read and writes are normal, just the boot up to windows is sluggish 

is it actually loading windows that takes long or loading the bios? how long is long? is the drive full? what are the rest of the specs?

23 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

i recently got this new PC with the nvme ssd : cosair mp510 480gb and it takes a long time to boot into windows, i have the latest drivers and everything, any help? the read and writes are normal, just the boot up to windows is sluggish 

Go to the startup tab in task manager, and disable all the services that you don't NEED to start when u log into windows.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

10 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

Reinstall windows, @Void Master's suggestion is also a good recommendation, but since you have a NVME ssd I couldn't possibly imagine what is bogging up your SSD to load Windows fast enough as expected typically. You could certainly give it a shot, but my best recommendation would be to backup all your important files or just make a carbon copy ISO to be safer, and simply reinstall windows.  

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

MOBO: Asus P8Z68 LE

RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator 2133mhz ddr3 2x8 16GB

GPU: GTX 980 TI 150+ core, 100-150 ( I forgot )+ mem ( OC ) 

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

CASE: Phanteks P350X

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

Laptop: Gateway P-7805u FX 

CPU: 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2c/2t

RAM: 8GB DDR2 1066mhz sodimm 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS

HDD: 320GB 7200rpm hard drive 2.5"

SSD: Kingston A400 250GB SSD

SCREEN: Glossy 16:9 1440x900

PERIPHERALSLogitech G Pro

3 minutes ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

Reinstall windows, @Void Master's suggestion is also a good recommendation, but since you have a NVME ssd I couldn't possibly imagine what is bogging up your SSD to load Windows fast enough as expected typically. You could certainly give it a shot, but my best recommendation would be to backup all your important files or just make a carbon copy ISO to be safer, and simply reinstall windows.  

Or just reset or refresh from windows settings.... ( u can keep your files this way but not programs)

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

9 hours ago, Void Master said:

Or just reset or refresh from windows settings.... ( u can keep your files this way but not programs)

I forgot that existed, that is also a good idea. 

My Rig: 

CPU: Intel i5 2500k 4 Cores, 4 Threads @ 4.5ghz ( asus uefi regulates BIOS and adjusts it, there is no manual option, so I can't get any higher than 4.5, but I theoretically should be able to get higher once I get a voltage "changeable" mobo

HDD: 500GB 3D MLC Samsung SSD ( soon ) + 2tb 7200rpm Seagate Constellation ES.2 SAS / LSI MegaRaid MR Raid/SAS Controller

PERIPHERALS: IBM Model M 1984, Logitech G703 Mouse, Logitech G502 Mouse, Philips SHP9500 w/ V-Moda Boom Pro hooked up to my Sony AMP ( forgot model name, to lazy to find out ) 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

is it actually loading windows that takes long or loading the bios? how long is long? is the drive full? what are the rest of the specs?

It flashes twice loads the bios, then tanks when loading windows but the screen flashing is also weird

1 hour ago, adm0n said:

How old is your windows install?

Like 2 weeks old but it’s been updated to the latest

1 hour ago, Void Master said:

Go to the startup tab in task manager, and disable all the services that you don't NEED to start when u log into windows.

Would nzxt cam/msi afterburner / corsair icue qualify?

Just now, HairyPotter said:

Would nzxt cam/msi afterburner / corsair icue qualify?

They shouldn't make your PC startup times that slow....

1 hour ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

I will try the latter, also read the comment i made, when turning on the pc it first flashes the screen twice then actually start doing the windows loading

Just now, Void Master said:

They shouldn't make your PC startup times that slow....

Very weird then

9 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

Very weird then

That is why I suggest a reinstall of Windows ;)

My Rig: 

Just now, HairyPotter said:

I will try the latter, also read the comment i made, when turning on the pc it first flashes the screen twice then actually start doing the windows loading

Do you use MBR or GPT ?

Is windows updated ?

Just now, MS-DOS Guy said:

Or a simple windows reset .....

9 hours ago, Void Master said:

Or a simple windows reset .....

Yes, or a windows reset. Fall under the same line I suppose as a reinstall. 

My Rig: 

Just now, MS-DOS Guy said:

The thing is i have almost 700gb of games on my hdd and reinstalling will really be annoying

10 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

The thing is i have almost 700gb of games on my hdd and reinstalling will really be annoying

You don't need to format your HDD, only if you were doing a windows reinstall from your HDD assuming windows is installed on there, but it should be on your SSD which im fairly certain it is ( but you can back them up anyway ). Since systemfiles are present on your SSD. You only need to backup files on your SSD if you intend to use a windows installation USB and reinstall windows which would require a format of the drive ( to remove former systemfiles ). But if you do a windows reset from settings or you use windows media creation tool and simply install windows 10 again. It will keep all files regardless of what drives they are in. 

My Rig: 

1 minute ago, HairyPotter said:

Isn't windows installed on the SSD ? 

u can simply reset windows and there will be nothing to worry about..

If you want u can unplug the HDD during reset...(just for the peace of mind) 

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Do you use MBR or GPT ?

Is windows updated ?

Windows is updated and  my ssd uses GPT, also here is a video from the moment i click the power button to windows screen

9 hours ago, HairyPotter said:

Windows is updated and  my ssd uses GPT, also here is a video from the moment i click the power button to windows screen

looks... normal. 

My Rig: 

1 minute ago, MS-DOS Guy said:

looks... normal. 

47 seconds? I could’ve sworn it was faster when i first got the pc

Wait a minute... is windows installed on your SSD or HDD? IT SHOULD be installed on your SSD. That is probably why your getting such slow times on boot.

My Rig: 

2 minutes ago, HairyPotter said:

This is normal, it used to happen on some  motherboards i encountered previously.

There is no need to worry about the flashing.