Oneplus 7T Pro worth it over Oneplus 8 Yet? 7TPro price drop.

The Torrent

FBF3619E-28CA-48A9-8F51-1124ED79665F.png.d342f5e2e472ffa1eadce987215bdae5.png

Oneplus having a price drop.

Oneplus 8 is 30 quid more and has wireless earbuds.

Which one is the one? Or is there a third brand?

20 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Stop asking others. Ask yourself instead.

The comparative differences between phone models are of different importance to different users.

There are people who would rather drink bleach than to lose the headphone jack. There are people who will basically pay double just for something with an Apple logo.

I can't.

I'm unaware what's better then 8 camera or the 7tpro camera.

I'm unaware about how much of a difference an extra 6 months of software support will make.

I'm unaware of how waterproof the oneplus 7tpro actually is.

I'm unaware of if they made any better display or other hidden benefits.

7TPro seems like a much better phone to me, but surely oneplus must have a reason to justify wanting to sell it cheaper than even a oneplus 8. Or is 5g the only negative?

Its overall 230 more for a oneplus 8 pro current flagship. What about that? Is that worth the reach?

52 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The comparative differences between phone models are of different importance to different users.

There are people who would rather drink bleach than to lose the headphone jack. There are people who will basically pay double just for something with an Apple logo.

Agree with this mostly.

You pay for iOS and the benefits of that not the Logo ;) 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, The Torrent said:

I can't.

I'm unaware what's better then 8 camera or the 7tpro camera.

I'm unaware about how much of a difference an extra 6 months of software support will make.

I'm unaware of how waterproof the oneplus 7tpro actually is.

I'm unaware of if they made any better display or other hidden benefits.

7TPro seems like a much better phone to me, but surely oneplus must have a reason to justify wanting to sell it cheaper than even a oneplus 8. Or is 5g the only negative?

Its overall 230 more for a oneplus 8 pro current flagship. What about that? Is that worth the reach?

- Main camera is the same Sensor. Btw, even on the 7 and 7T (7T is a good alternative tho, only specs missing compared to 7T Pro are resolution, pop up camera, and sub-cameras). The Oneplus 8 uses the exact same  Sony IMX586 Sensor as every single Oneplus 7 and 7T series model.

There COULD be some kind of difference with a slightly different software, or because the  Snapdragon 865 has a slightly different ISP than the Snapdragon 855+. But essentially, it's the same.

If you want the real difference: Oneplus 8 Pro.

- Probably 1 Android version. 7T and 7T Pro will have the same updates as the 7 and 7 Pro.

- No phone is waterproof. Ever wondered, why you have zero warranty for water damage, even when you have an IP certification??^^ They are water resistant, and Oneplus makes them water resistant to a certain degree, but sa ves money for the IP certification. Same with Oneplus 7T, same with Oneplus 8.
Only the 8 Pro has the IP Rating. If it REALLY is more resistant than the others? Who knows.

Keep in Mind: The Pop up Camera could potentially be a weakpoint for liquid and dust.

I wouldn't go diving with a phone anyway, but phone calls during Rain without an umbrella, or maybe a quick incident.. SHOULD be no Problem.

- Oneplus 8 series offer a quite bright display. So the last year's model, despite not beeing worse, might offer you a not so bright Display for sunlight.
I had a Oneplus 6T which had an even darker Display with 450 nits? And it worked out.

Oneplus sells the 7T Pro cheap, because it's no longer the new model. They want to clean their warehouses. Oneplus stops making a model, if a new one comes out. Even after the 7T Pro came out, they stopped making the 7 Pro.

That's why you never see Oneplus devices drop in Price. They're around for half a year, and then bye bye.

And THAT's the Time, you can see Oneplus devices get cheaper, so they can sell the rest.

Now, let's come to the 8 Pro: In my Opinion, the regular 8 isn't interesting. It's essentially a 7T with a slightly brighter Display (7T is much brighter in Auto mode, than 7T Pro, according to GSMarena review), Snapdragon 865 instead or 855+, and 5G (which kinda isn't relevant for the next 1-2 years).
You do NOT get "better cameras", it's the same Main sensor.
You do not get Qi, or IP-rating, and the same 1080p+ resolution and 90 Hz "smoothness".

That's why many take a cheaper 7T (or 7T Pro, if you want the better Model, with clean no-notch design).

The 8 Pro this year.. is a HUGE leap. You don't just get a sharper QHD+ resolution, but also 120 Hz instead of 90 (i kinda wish, they would built in a 90 Hz option).

You get Qi Charging with Reverse-Charging (Very slow, unless you use that Oneplus charger, but it's there).

There's official IP68 rating

You get a whole new Camera system. Main sensor says still 48MP, but it IS indeed a much bigger sensor, with 1,12µm Pixel size (the older models have 0,8µm Pixel size). So with Pixel Binning it's 2,24 µm instead of 1,6 µm.

The Super-Wideangle sensor is the same 48MP sensor as last year's main sensors, the IMX 586. That means, it's one of the highest quality wideangle sensors you can find, and it double-functions as a Macro mode (up to like 2cm focus). This thing makes pretty much THE best macros out of every phone right now ).

Tele-photo is 3x 13MP, nothing special.

And a 5MP Color filter Camera, based on "Infrared photography" for these surreal looks. A nice toy to play with, but will probably be forgotten. The big strenghts here are the Main sensor and Wideangle.

GCam support is also there, but that's the case for every Oneplus.

In my Opinion: The Oneplus 8 Pro has a better Value, than the Oneplus 8. It does cost more, but you also get more. Not just more, but Oneplus, for the very first time ever, made a TRUE Flaggship without compromises, because Qi Charging and IP68 were the last premium features missing.
So... Either go all out on the 8 Pro, or save Money with the 7T (Pro). That's what i would do.

But it is still YOU who needs to decide for yourself. Is that "super high end premium" worth 900 bucks for YOU?
Or can YOU be perfectly happy with a 500-580 bucks 7T / 7T Pro?
Because there really won't be that much of a difference in everyday usage.

But i can tell you from other Users, who switched from a 7 Pro to 8 Pro: Camera is noticeably better, and Battery Life is at least as good, if not even better (despite 120 Hz).

6 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Lmao at that Apple point. Apple has phones from 400 dollars, all using an A13 chip. The S20 is 999, the iPhone 11 is 700. The iPhone 11 is even cheaper than the Oneplus 8 non-Pro.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Lmao at that Apple point. Apple has phones from 400 dollars, all using an A13 chip. The S20 is 999, the iPhone 11 is 700. The iPhone 11 is even cheaper than the Oneplus 8 non-Pro.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

se looks ugly.

11 is cheaper than oneplus 8? not at all in uk where are you?

5 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

se looks ugly.

11 is cheaper than oneplus 8? not at all in uk where are you?

The SE doesn’t look good but it’s 400 dollars. Getting top performance for 400 dollars is just insane.

In Canada the Oneplus is 1099 CAD (647 pounds) and the iPhone is 979 CAD (576 pounds)

3 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

The SE doesn’t look good but it’s 400 dollars. Getting top performance for 400 dollars is just insane.

In Canada the Oneplus is 1099 CAD (647 pounds) and the iPhone is 979 CAD (576 pounds)

what u gonna do with all that performance if u cant absorb it.

hopefully oneplus z should sort se fans out and show the actual value of a dodgy apple logo.

On 6/3/2020 at 11:15 AM, The Torrent said:

what u gonna do with all that performance if u cant absorb it.

hopefully oneplus z should sort se fans out and show the actual value of a dodgy apple logo.

Absorb? What does that even mean? Pretty much every important app is on both Android and iOS. The Oneplus Z will have an 765G, it would be comically slow compared to an iPhone. At this point, I wouldn't consider any phone without an A12, A13, 855(+), or 865.

22 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Absorb? What does that even mean? Pretty much every important app is on both Android and iOS. The Oneplus Z will have an 765G, it would be comically slow compared to an iPhone. At this point, I wouldn't consider any phone without an A12, A13, 855(+), or 865.

Wdym? Battery capacity is so low, the screen is terrible compared to the competition, 5w charger out of the box, pretty meh speakers. Don't get me started with the bezels. Lets suppose that after 2 years of usage, the battery capacity drops down to 80%...less than 1500mAh is just laughable, as if 1800 weren't enough embarrassing. You can literally get more than 11 SOT on a cheaper device.

Just pure speed and better than average cameras(without night mode ofc) isn't enough.

33 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

screen sucks. battery capacity i have seen memes of. no fast charging in this day and age. and looks ugly as shit i mean tiny screen ok u can watch a video but it wont even be as good of a viewing experience as a cheap samsung a30s, considering that even has oled not even close. 

3 hours ago, The Torrent said:

screen sucks. battery capacity i have seen memes of. no fast charging in this day and age. and looks ugly as shit i mean tiny screen ok u can watch a video but it wont even be as good of a viewing experience as a cheap samsung a30s, considering that even has oled not even close. 

3 hours ago, EL02 said:

Wdym? Battery capacity is so low, the screen is terrible compared to the competition, 5w charger out of the box, pretty meh speakers. Don't get me started with the bezels. Lets suppose that after 2 years of usage, the battery capacity drops down to 80%...less than 1500mAh is just laughable, as if 1800 weren't enough embarrassing. You can literally get more than 11 SOT on a cheaper device.

Just pure speed and better than average cameras(without night mode ofc) isn't enough.

The A30s has a lower resolution and if you factor in Pentile vs normal RGB, the iPhone SE is about as sharp as a normal 1080p panel. It's also extremely accurate. Battery is fine. If you have a problem with it just get an 11. You can fast charge, just get the USB-C cable and brick. The cable also comes with AirPods Pro. Firstly, that is a completely unreasonable amount of battery decline. My Xr is around 90, that's after 2 years of 8-10 hours SoT per day. Also, battery life can't be compared across iPhone and Android with just mAh.

7 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

The A30s has a lower resolution and if you factor in Pentile vs normal RGB, the iPhone SE is about as sharp as a normal 1080p panel. It's also extremely accurate. Battery is fine. If you have a problem with it just get an 11. You can fast charge, just get the USB-C cable and brick. The cable also comes with AirPods Pro. Firstly, that is a completely unreasonable amount of battery decline. My Xr is around 90, that's after 2 years of 8-10 hours SoT per day. Also, battery life can't be compared across iPhone and Android with just mAh.

Do you know that the A30s is cheaper? No, the battery shouldn't be just fine for $400.

The 11 costs 300 more. 

The brick costs money.

Yeah that's a completely reasonable battery decline. It will go through more cycles since it has a smaller capacity.

No one said that. I was just comparing the se.

8 hours ago, EL02 said:

Do you know that the A30s is cheaper? No, the battery shouldn't be just fine for $400.

The 11 costs 300 more. 

The brick costs money.

Yeah that's a completely reasonable battery decline. It will go through more cycles since it has a smaller capacity.

No one said that. I was just comparing the se.

The A30s is also multiple times slower. As someone who once bought a last gen flagship, it’s not worth settling on a phone. Get a top tier performing phone, because it will work for so much longer. My S7 was basically done after 1.5 years, now it doesn’t even work anymore. My Xr feels the exact same from when I first got it. Sure, the 11 costs more, but for most people it’s worth it. 300 dollars more over 2 years is basically nothing.

39 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

The A30s is also multiple times slower. As someone who once bought a last gen flagship, it’s not worth settling on a phone. Get a top tier performing phone, because it will work for so much longer. My S7 was basically done after 1.5 years, now it doesn’t even work anymore. My Xr feels the exact same from when I first got it. Sure, the 11 costs more, but for most people it’s worth it. 300 dollars more over 2 years is basically nothing.

I mean...I didn't say the A30 was better. I just dont think the SE is for most people. I mean, sure it's fast, has a great camera and most importantly ios, but considering what android manufacturers are offering at that price, it seems overrated. But yeah i get you on the iphone 11 part. It is a killer deal for that money.