How do you setup a pc?

Pigowl

So I’m about to build a gaming pc, I’ve been watching a bit of Youtube videos. Nothing seems to help me. Could anyone help explain what I do? Thanks

This video explains rly good what to do afterwards, he also has a video on essential programs wich might be usefull

1 minute ago, Pigowl said:

So I’m about to build a gaming pc, I’ve been watching a bit of Youtube videos. Nothing seems to help me. Could anyone help explain what I do? Thanks

What part of the process are you specifically asking about?

I assume you mean after physically building the PC, which this video goes into detail about:

Basically, you make a USB drive with a Windows install program on it, you install Windows on the new PC with that, you turn on some things in the BIOS, then you install you programs, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, lh99 said:

This video explains rly good what to do afterwards, he also has a video on essential programs wich might be usefull

Yeah I watched that one already it doesn’t seem to help 

1 minute ago, gloop said:

What do you mean by setup?

Like add windows, 

Just now, Pigowl said:

Yeah I watched that one already it doesn’t seem to help 

on which part in particular do you need help?

1 minute ago, lh99 said:

on which part in particular do you need help?

I haven’t built it yet, it seems confusing with unplugging stuff. 

Just now, Pigowl said:

Like add windows, 

If you mean install windows, you download the windows mdia creation tool from microsofts webite onto a USB.

then, plug it into the PC and boot it up. Choose what drive you want it installed in and boot in and let it install.

after you are in windows, download the motherboard and gpu drivers. after they are all installed, restart the pc and boot into bios. enable xmp/docp.

stress test it overnight and then benchmark to see if all components are performing as expected.

1 minute ago, gloop said:

If you mean install windows, you download the windows mdia creation tool from microsofts webite onto a USB.

then, plug it into the PC and boot it up. Choose what drive you want it installed in and boot in and let it install.

after you are in windows, download the motherboard and gpu drivers. after they are all installed, restart the pc and boot into bios. enable xmp/docp.

stress test it overnight and then benchmark to see if all components are performing as expected.

GPU and motherboard drivers? Sorry it’s my first time building a pc.

Just now, Pigowl said:

GPU and motherboard drivers? Sorry it’s my first time building a pc.

what cpu/gpu are you planning on buying?

It would really help if you would just watch the jay video completely, as you are asking questions that are getting answered in it

Just now, lh99 said:

It would really help if you would just watch the jay video completely, as you are asking questions that are getting answered in it

Ok, I’ll check it again later on. Thanks 

1 hour ago, Pigowl said:

I haven’t built it yet

Hey there. If you need a guide on building your PC, I'd recommend these ones by LTT:

LTT's POV Build Guide (Intel CPU + CPU Cooler Bracket Installation)

LTT'S AMD Build Guide (AMD CPU + Stock CPU Cooler Installation)

1 hour ago, Pigowl said:

it seems confusing with unplugging stuff

Would you elaborating on your confusion? We're more than happy to help, and we'd be able to offer you better advice if you could 1) list your system specs and/or 2) offer as many details as possible. 😉

Not quite sure what you mean by "unplugging," but if you're referring to connecting the cables to your system:

Spoiler
  • 24-Pin (or 20+4-Pin or 20-Pin) ATX Main Power Cable: PSU to Motherboard.
  • 8-Pin EPS Power Cable: PSU to Motherboard.
  • 8-Pin (or 6+2-Pin) PCIe Power Cable: PSU to Graphics Card.
  • SATA Power Cable: PSU to HDD/SATA SSD.
  • SATA Data Cable: HDD/SATA SSD to Motherboard.
  • Case Front Panel Header Cables (Power LED, HDD LED, Reset, Etc.): Case to Motherboard.
  • Case Front Panel Audio Cable: Case to Motherboard.
  • Case Front Panel USB Cables: Case to Motherboard.
  • CPU Cooler Power Cable: CPU Cooler to Motherboard.
  • Case Fans: Fan to Motherboard or Hub.

Tip: It always helps to read the manual, especially the ones provided for the motherboard and power supply. If you still can't find the answers you're looking for, feel free to post your questions here. 😁

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)