In the long run, which is better for gaming? 4C/8T or 6C/6T? Price of 3300x and 3500 is about the same here in Japan

948F3427-303F-4049-BF5A-84EC7C77349C.thumb.jpeg.3ddc35721bb0cb3e551423471c49a74c.jpeg

Good day! I’m going to build my friend a PC and i’m giving her my old case (CM MasterBox 5 white mesh) and this is what I came up with. I just want to ask, in the long run? Which is going to better for gaming 4C/8T or 6C/6T? 3300x and 3500 is about the same price here in Japan.

She told me her budget is around ¥70,000(🇯🇵). I know all of the prices there are exceeding 70,000 so I offered her that i’ll pay half of the exceeding amount (ie ¥75,000 i’ll pay ¥2,500)

12 minutes ago, takedadshiro said:

She told me her budget is around ¥70,000(🇯🇵). I know all of the prices there are exceeding 70,000

you could get the Ryzen 3 3100 which is cheaper. Also, a 550 watt power supply can power almost any gaming PC. is the Corsair CX550 cheaper for you in japan?

3300X has faster clock speeds so it is better for games than the 3500

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you could get the Ryzen 3 3100 which is cheaper. Also, a 550 watt power supply can power almost any gaming PC. is the Corsair CX550 cheaper for you in japan?

3300X has faster clock speeds so it is better for games than the 3500

The CX550m is ¥6,566 while the CX650m is ¥6,791 about $2~ difference. I want to get atleast a 650W PSU for her to be able to upgrade in the future. Also, I might give her my RTX 2070 and get the the GPU that she will be picking(1650/1650S/1660) and selling that GPU.

5 minutes ago, takedadshiro said:

I want to get atleast a 650W PSU for her to be able to upgrade in the future

Like I said, you will not easily make a PC that needs a 650 watt power supply. look in my signature below, and see the power draw.

Are only the CXM available, or can you get a CX for a lower price?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Like I said, you will not easily make a PC that needs a 650 watt power supply. look in my signature below, and see the power draw.

Are only the CXM available, or can you get a CX for a lower price?

I’m sorry I edited my comment. The difference is only about $2. I don’t think they have the non m version here in Japan. Whenever i’m searching cx550/cx650 the only search result is the one with the m.

3 minutes ago, takedadshiro said:

I’m sorry I edited my comment. The difference is only about $2. I don’t think they have the non m version here in Japan. Whenever i’m searching cx550/cx650 the only search result is the one with the m.

have you checked out the PSU tier list to find other units that might be good and cheaper?

Also, how much would you save with the Ryzen 3 3100 compared to the 3300X? Does it fit the budget?

Primary PC:

Also, how much would you save with the Ryzen 3 3100 compared to the 3300X? Does it fit the budget?

3100 is ¥13,178. ¥2,355 cheaper than the 3300x

14 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

have you checked out the PSU tier list to find other units that might be good and cheaper.

I don’t have any experience with other PSU. I only use corsair PSUs when I’m building PCs. I heard alot of good things about EVGA PSUs but unfortunately they are not available here in Japan. Do you have any recommendation for a budget PSU?

Just now, takedadshiro said:

I don’t have any experience with other PSU. I only use corsair PSUs when I’m building PCs. I heard alot of good things about EVGA PSUs but unfortunately they are not available here in Japan. Do you have any recommendation with a budget PSU?

I try not to shop by brand, and go for the quality.

The Corsair CV650 is good for a budget PC, it is different from the CV550 and CV450 though. You might be able to get that for a decent price.

Primary PC:

I try not to shop by brand, and go for the quality.

I searched for “550W bronze” and “650W bronze” and here are the results. This is sorted to cheapest to expensive

AFA86B11-FA2A-4815-B3F6-3E9ACF74751A.thumb.png.16f933e5f1cf5928db1ba5c191824221.png

415080CA-0796-4672-AB5A-FBBF27341827.thumb.png.3c5ef360ccfc70df382609a12e4965b0.png

The MWE V2 stands at B+ on the tier list, I see the 550 watt version is significantly cheaper than the CX650M

Primary PC:

The MWE V2 stands at B+ on the tier list, I see the 550 watt version is significantly cheaper than the CX650M

I clicked the link and been redirected to a seller here in Japan. Unfortunately they are out of stock with that PSU. That is the only shop that is selling it at ¥5,500. Other shops are around ¥6,000~

Do you have access to 1600AF? :) What PSU brands are available in your country? Bitfenix Formula for instance? 

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

14 minutes ago, Vejnemojnen said:

Do you have access to 1600AF? :) What PSU brands are available in your country? Bitfenix Formula for instance? 

We do, but unfortunately it’s very rare. It’s always out of stock. It’s alot cheaper at ¥10,987. We do have bitfenix cases but not PSUs

Antec, Cooler Master, Thermaltake, Corsair, Seasonic and 玄人志向(Professional-Oriented when translated to english)