What is the best way to record gameplay?

JoshuaTjandra

What is a good way to start recording gameplay, with voice coming in from my microphone as I play?

I think that OBS or Dxtory are your best bet. I would say FRAPS, but it doesn't have enough customizability

What is a good way to start recording gameplay, with voice coming in from my microphone as I play?

Dxtory all the way

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

If you're with Nvidia then Shadowplay, othervise Dxtory.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Shadow play or dxtory.

Frpas sucks, but can record desktop.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

You might want to be weary of big video file sizes. My DXTory recordings, for around 3 minutes, are around 2.10GB. You'll need another program like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier/After Affects to cut it down and render, or you could use an open source program like Handbrake to render the whole thing, but not cut it down.

I recommend DXTory because of all the options possible.

If you can use ShadowPlay, that is your best bet... though you need to be worry of your setup as well... Shadowplay won't disturb your gameplay so much, but due to its beta nature certain setups (like Asus' GX Mode in Asus soundcards) can cause the recording to fail...

I myself faced with few problems, corrupted recordings, uncontrollable sound volume (probably because I use speakers that time and my mic pick up the audio from speakers, combined with its in-game sound recording, mess up the whole thing), and no-sound in recording due to the GX mode i talked earlier...

but when it works, it works like charms.... a lot better than fraps...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N