"Nokia X will get SwiftKey predictive keyboard for free"

TopWargamer

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/5441614/nokia-x-will-get-swiftkey-predictive-keyboard-for-free

SwiftKey announced today that its predictive keyboard app will be available on the Nokia X smartphone, unveiled earlier Monday at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona. As CNET reports, the keyboard will be listed for free on the Nokia X throughout 2014, and will also be available for future Android devices connected to the Nokia Store. The Nokia X version will support the SwiftKey Cloud service and include three different themes.

"The deal will enable SwiftKey to faster penetrate emerging markets while offering Nokia X users best-in-class input technology and extensive language coverage," the company said in an email statement to The Verge. "We are proud to be a part of this next stage in Nokia’s journey and we are excited to bring SwiftKey's personalized, adaptive technology to as many users as possible."

Excellent move on Swiftkey's part, because most stock Android keyboards are garbage - most, not all, and Swiftkey is an awesome Android keyboard. So if you have a Nokia X, you can enjoy all of that Swiftkey love. 

COMIC SANS

Excellent move on Swiftkey's part, because most stock Android keyboards are garbage.

Don't know about you, but the google stock keyboard is amazing, and it's also free on the playstore for everyone to use...sooooooo

Don't know about you, but the google stock keyboard is amazing, and it's also free on the playstore for everyone to use...sooooooo

It is good, but I'm talking about manufacturer's stock keyboards, like the ones that certain manufacturers make. The thing is, some people who don't really use their phone too often or are just a mainstream Android user don't know that the Android stock keyboard is available in the Play Store, and even if they did, they generally don't really care.

COMIC SANS

Question: Have you actually seen the keyboard layout on the new Nokia X? Or even the whole OS interface? Just curious..

WP Central also reported that the SwiftKey will be available for WP8/8.1 soon. I've never actually tried any swiftkey before so I'm looking forward to see how much more awesome this app really is compare to the stock WP8 keyboard

but swiftkey goes completely free for the full version every few months...is this a big deal? I doubt anyone on the fence will now pick up this phone because they toss in an app that costs a few bucks...yawn.

Question: Have you actually seen the keyboard layout on the new Nokia X? Or even the whole OS interface? Just curious..

WP Central also reported that the SwiftKey will be available for WP8/8.1 soon. I've never actually tried any swiftkey before so I'm looking forward to see how much more awesome this app really is compare to the stock WP8 keyboard

stock WP keyboard is the most responsive keyboard ive used

But it's already free.

If you don't mind re-downloading the beta every few months or so.

Signatures are stupid.

DanielColato, on 26 Feb 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

stock WP keyboard is the most responsive keyboard ive used

I know.I'm using one myself.