Is there any advice you could give for setting an H100i fan curve?

My CPU seems to live around 50 degrees-ish C on a decent load and about 35 degrees when just doing basic stuff (browsing, productivity, etc.). Is there a fan pattern that could keep the fans of my H100i relatively quiet (I'd say around 1000RPM or less) at the lower temperatures, if anyone has any experience setting these? I've tried setting my own but it always seems to ramp up to audible levels anyway even if I try to set a custom curve even if I'm not doing something super-demanding.

25 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

My CPU seems to live around 50 degrees-ish C on a decent load and about 35 degrees when just doing basic stuff (browsing, productivity, etc.). Is there a fan pattern that could keep the fans of my H100i relatively quiet (I'd say around 1000RPM or less) at the lower temperatures, if anyone has any experience setting these? I've tried setting my own but it always seems to ramp up to audible levels anyway even if I try to set a custom curve even if I'm not doing something super-demanding.

It should be.  The issue is though that 50c is happening with high fan use. Radiators (and therefore effectively fans) get more efficient as albedo (the difference in temperature between the liquid in the radiator and the air it radiates to) goes up.  Your temps will increase a bit.  That’s fine though. 50c under load is overkill.

Where are you setting the curve? One of the annoyances of fan control is it can be done in bios or any of several apps.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm using Corsair's iCUE software to set the curve. I've tried sourcing the temp from various sensors and at the moment I've just settled on using the cooler itself as the source.

20 minutes ago, SolidSonicTH said:

I'm using Corsair's iCUE software to set the curve. I've tried sourcing the temp from various sensors and at the moment I've just settled on using the cooler itself as the source.

I know nothing about iCUE software.  I set my fan curves in bios.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.