Am I going to notice a big difference in gaming between the 4600H and 4800H?

Looking at the Dell G5 SE and taking everything into account, it's basically a cost of £85 to upgrade the 4600H to the 4800H. I won't be doing a lot of CPU intensive stuff, only browsing, some coding and then mostly gaming.

Is it worth it?

Do NOT buy the G5 - it has a defective hinge design and it WILL break within a year of use. Look at the Asus TuF A15 - it's worlds better both in terms of cooling and build quality/reliability.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Do NOT buy the G5 - it has a defective hinge design and it WILL break within a year of use. Look at the Asus TuF A15 - it's worlds better both in terms of cooling and build quality/reliability.

Well I had an ASUS TUF laptop (FX504) where the hinge broke and cracked open the bezel after a few months, and ASUS refused to repair it under warranty.

So thanks for the advice, but I would never touch an ASUS product again in my life.

Just now, laptopnoob678 said:

Well I had an ASUS TUF laptop (FX504) where the hinge broke and cracked open the bezel after a few months, and ASUS refused to repair it under warranty.

So thanks for the advice, but I would never touch an ASUS product again in my life.

The FX504 was a VERY different design (and a flawed one). The A15 is much better and currently the best value gaming laptop on the market. Don't discount thousands of products because you bought one bad design :)

It's like saying you'd never touch a Dell laptop because the G3/5/7's current hinge is busted or never buying Lenovo because the Y50 had a busted hinge or never buying HP because the batteries two years ago got recalled for explosions or never buying MSI because their internal design was shit on a lot of models.

My point is - don't buy based on brand - look at the individual models.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

The FX504 was a VERY different design (and a flawed one). The A15 is much better and currently the best value gaming laptop on the market. Don't discount thousands of products because you bought one bad design :)

It's like saying you'd never touch a Dell laptop because the G3/5/7's current hinge is busted or never buying Lenovo because the Y50 had a busted hinge or never buying HP because the batteries two years ago got recalled for explosions or never buying MSI because their internal design was shit on a lot of models.

My point is - don't buy based on brand - look at the individual models.

It's not just the fact the hinge broke, it's the fact ASUS called me a liar and accused me of breaking the hinge myself (the only way I could have done this is by taking the screen cover apart, snapping the thin piece of metal, then putting it all back together) and refused to fix it, all while it was under warranty.

On the other hand, Dell's support in the past has been nothing but excellent. If the hinge were to break, I would have faith in Dell to repair it under warranty.

What if something broke on the ASUS? It become an expensive paperweight, or I have to spend a fortune fixing it myself because their support is useless.

7 minutes ago, laptopnoob678 said:

It's not just the fact the hinge broke, it's the fact ASUS called me a liar and accused me of breaking the hinge myself (the only way I could have done this is by taking the screen cover apart, snapping the thin piece of metal, then putting it all back together) and refused to fix it, all while it was under warranty.

On the other hand, Dell's support in the past has been nothing but excellent. If the hinge were to break, I would have faith in Dell to repair it under warranty.

What if something broke on the ASUS? It become an expensive paperweight, or I have to spend a fortune fixing it myself because their support is useless.

The hinge issue is not covered in any brand. Dell are refusing to fix them and refusing to recall them. Having faith won't help when it snaps and it will also be an expensive paperweight.

Physical damage is never covered under warranty as it leads to lawsuits and product recalls. No OEM recalls their product unless it's REALLY bad (like HP's exploding batteries)

17 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

The hinge issue is not covered in any brand. Dell are refusing to fix them and refusing to recall them. Having faith won't help when it snaps and it will also be an expensive paperweight.

Physical damage is never covered under warranty as it leads to lawsuits and product recalls. No OEM recalls their product unless it's REALLY bad (like HP's exploding batteries)

OK, well the ASUS FX504 hinges look identical to the A15

And the A15 has only been out a short while. What makes you so confident that these hinges are so much better?

7 hours ago, laptopnoob678 said:

OK, well the ASUS FX504 hinges look identical to the A15

And the A15 has only been out a short while. What makes you so confident that these hinges are so much better?

Reinforced panelling and the fact that the y are spaced apart. The closest together the hinges are, the more they torque and the more they are likely to fall apart. Just practice good care (don't open the lid from the sides - that wil break any laptops hinge and don't be aggressive with the device)