Getting Over Build Anxiety

How do you get over build anxiety? I've built at least 7 or 8 systems by now and still every time I pop a PC open to do some work my anxiety goes through the roof. I'm about to migrate my personal computer over to a new case and install an AIO for the first time as well as almost entirely upgrade my girlfriend's PC (MOBO, CPU, RAM and AIO). I should feel confident as I've had nothing but success. I don't.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

Take it one step at a time. Know your end goal, but don't let your end goal muddy the waters between where you are currently and where you want to be.

Also if you are nervous for some reason regarding how to do something, like you did here just ask around or do additional research. This doesn't just apply to building computers.

Just now, NinJake said:

Take it one step at a time. Know your end goal, but don't let your end goal muddy the waters between where you are currently and where you want to be.

Also if you are nervous for some reason regarding how to do something, like you did here just ask around or do additional research. This doesn't just apply to building computers.

Very true. And I've never stopped learning new things even when I'm not actively working on a build. In all likelihood I just need to slow down. Step-by-step like you said. I think I'm so nervous about getting it done to make sure it works that I stress myself out. I should just enjoy the process. And also probably not drink caffeine. 

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White

After seeing a fair number of YouTube videos where hardware is treated unkindly, but still ends up working in the end, I've lost most of that anxiety. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord

48 minutes ago, xKyric said:

After seeing a fair number of YouTube videos where hardware is treated unkindly, but still ends up working in the end, I've lost most of that anxiety. 

Exactly the same for me.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, xKyric said:

I agree but I am an anxious person by nature. As an update. The entire transfer went just fine. Had a great time doing it.

Gaming/Editing PC

46 minutes ago, thebagsman said:

I agree but I am an anxious person by nature. As an update. The entire transfer went just fine. Had a great time doing it.

Good for you! Glad it went well. 

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"
-Discord