Is my Netgear Wireless Router Dead?

Boomwebsearch

Hi LinusTechTips community,

My Netgear WNDR3400v1 N600 wireless router is not powering on, it was working fine yesterday night, until today morning when the SSID for the network wasn't showing up anymore, I went down to the internet/office room and the router had all the lights off, tried to disconnect all connected cables and power on from a different outlet and still there are no lights at all. I am not sure why this happened, the room was locked so the cables or anything couldn't be messed with, and I am running off a CyberPower LX1500GU Line-Interactive UPS. I had all my smart devices (light bulbs, speakers, cameras, power strips, etc) connected to the router and now I have to configure all of them to another router that's even older and not that great although works for now. The router is out of warranty, although I would like to get it working again if possible, I bought as the first owner many years ago from BestBuy at $90, could the power brick have failed and can I buy a replacement? 

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions,

@Boomwebsearch

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

change the adaptor with the same voltage and amps. might be just the adaptor.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

could the power brick have failed and can I buy a replacement?

Yes, it could and yes, you can. Just check the specs on the current brick, like e.g. it probably says 12V 1A, so you'd need to buy a 12V brick that can do 1A or more.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

many devices shared the same adaptor ratings, try that first before buying a new one.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

10 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

change the adaptor with the same voltage and amps. might be just the adaptor.

10 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, it could and yes, you can. Just check the specs on the current brick, like e.g. it probably says 12V 1A, so you'd need to buy a 12V brick that can do 1A or more.

7 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

many devices shared the same adaptor ratings, try that first before buying a new one.

Thanks for the replies, I don't have another adaptor of the same ratings so I need to buy a new one and see if the router hopefully starts again.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

there's an multi-voltage universal adaptor, try that.

If the problem turns out not power related, you can use it to troubleshoot anything in the future.

this one rated 3-12v and 2amps.

image.png.43ca4e36388009f30ce711657becc799.png